The Fear

[2 Days Later]

Despite everything, Jordan had actually gotten semi-used to life in this castle. It seemed like it was better than whatever living condition she might've had before this. Once the idea that she wasn't necessarily in danger got in her head, she was much less afraid to wake up in this place each day.

And on top of that, she had a friend now. Not that the maids weren't friendly. But she found herself to be much more comfortable around Aslan and his sharp tongue. The kitchen was a place she went to for peace, because it was rare that anyone except Aslan came and went from there outside of dinner and breakfast. The sisters occasionally appeared there, but never for long.

"...so yeah then Red decided to knock over every single bucket I put down for catching the dripping blood. The entire floor was red for almost a week. It was a whole mess that I ended up getting blamed for cause Lady Bloodsucker thinks her psycho kids can't do anything wrong." Aslan complained, slamming down the cooking pot on the counter.

The loud noise made Jordan jolt out of instinct, and she took a step away from the table. Her actions clearly didn't go unnoticed since Aslan was now looking at her with a guilty expression.

"Ah, üzgünüm- I mean, I'm sorry. I get worked up alot when my job gets interrupted and that seems to be the only thing those bloodsuckers like doing nowadays. It's not like I got a whole castle to feed twice on the daily. Or even more if those weirdos feel like acting human." The blonde man said, falling back into his ranting spiral again.

Jordan quickly learned over the days here that Aslan had no filter. At all. He openly complained about his job, and even insulted the owners of the castle without a care in the world of who might be listening. It was like he had zero self-preservation instincts when it came to the fact that multiple homicidal vampires lived here and could easily silence him. He even spoke about Lady Dimitrescu as if she was hardly worth anything.

He had guts. That's for sure. But he might be an idiot.

There was a crash from the other room, behind a wooden door, and Aslan groaned and placed a hand against his head.

"If that's the same fucking cat then I swear I'm gonna shave off one of its lives." He grumbled, turning and head to the back room.

Jordan watched him go, and when the door shut behind him, she remained staring ahead in awkward confusion. He was always so spontaneous each time she spoke with him, and she was starting to suspect that maybe he wasn't too socially aware. Was that the effect of being the only man in a place where the owners hated men? To simply become bitter and distant? Or was this the result of overworking?

"Hey there, Jordan. Hey! Watcha up to?"

The familiar voice swam around her head, along with the sound flies buzzing. She knew exactly who was going to appear a split-second before they did. However, she did not expect them to appear literally inches from her face. Jordan yelped in surprise and ended up stumbling backwards. Her heel caught on one of the stones and she fell backwards, hitting the ground with a grunt. But still, that only managed to knock the wind out of her and make her side ache.

Jordan didn't even have time to process it before she felt a sudden weight on top of her. She looked up and widened her eyes at the sight of Daniela hover over her with the same wide yellow eyes and bloodstained lips. Fear coursed through her body as she attempted to move, but the girl had her pressed to the ground with a hand firmly on the center of her chest. The touch burned. It felt awful.

"Sorry, little mouse. But I can't resist you much longer. I know you must be deprived of my love as well, right?" The redhead asked, reached up with her free hand and tracing Jordan's jawline with her finger.