Curiosity

[3 Days Later]

The past few days have been rather...slow for Jordan. But she had been recovering at a terrifyingly quick pace. It was definitely unnatural. The hole in her wing had fully closed, and the scratches and marks on her body were completely gone. Even the ones on her back. It confused both her and the resident nurse. But she wasn't one to complain. And it was nice to be able to move her wings around freely again.

"You seem like you're in a good mood, Jordan." A joyful voice said from behind her.

Jordan felt arms wrap around her waist from behind, and she found herself smiling. She was more than used to Daniela now. And she didn't care about her antics. In fact, it was almost endearing to know that Daniela was always doing this because she found comfort in her.

"Hm...you too..." The angel said, pushing herself back against the other.

Daniela squealed in delight and buried her face in Jordan's neck. Recently, she had been given a choker to wear that had the emblem of House Dimitrescu on the center of it. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it was certainly a new feeling. Although, the sisters had other thoughts on the new addition.

"Mmgh. Ugh. I don't see why they have you wear this. I can hardly smell your blood flow like this. I wanna bite you sometimes but this gets in the way." The redhead mumbled, scraping the leather choker with her fangs.

Jordan shivered. She was also glad that this choker was there sometimes because it deterred the girls(mostly Daniela) from suddenly biting her. She didn't really feel it anymore when they did this, but it was still something she preferred didn't happen.

"Um...." She trailed off, hoping the message got through.

"Don't worry. I'm not that bad. I know you don't want me biting you without permission. I promised I wouldn't, after all. I might not remember everything, but I'll remember every promise I make to you. And if I don't, you'll be here to remind me, right?" Daniela asked, slowly moving until she was directly in front of Jordan.

Again, Jordan didn't mind. Not when Daniela hugged her close again, and not when they pressed their foreheads together in a silent gesture of comfort. Over her time here, she had become very good at reading Daniela's actions. The girl would come to her for comfort, and she wouldn't outright say she was hurting. She would just get as close to her as possible and dodge every question towards her wellbeing. So she decided to take matters into her own hands and just give her a bit of extra comfort.

They two remained locked in that embrace, staring into each other's eyes for a long time. Daniela never stopped smiling once. Even the crackling fire of the main hall didn't distract them from each other.

"Are you....okay now?" Jordan asked carefully.

Daniela blinked at her, then her smile slowly became something more thankful. Grateful. She chuckled weakly and pulled Jordan closer to her body. The angel wrapped her wings around the other. She had learned yesterday that Daniela really liked when she did this with her wings. She described it as a security blanket of sorts that would protect them both. Of course, Jordan knew her wings weren't that strong. But if that's what Daniela liked, then she didn't mind.

"Yes....I'm better now. Thank you....you always know what to do. I really like that about you." Daniela said, nuzzling her face like a kitten.

"I don't...always know what to do....but.....I like you....so I'll do my best....to make sure you're happy...." Jordan responded.

Daniela made another squeal of happiness. She moved forward and pecked Jordan in the mouth before pulling away.

"Thank you, my guardian angel!" She exclaimed.