Hidden

(A/N: *TRIGGER WARNING* I think for gore??? Or to be more specific, gore surrounding an infant)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

When Jordan opened her eyes, and she realized that the room around her was oddly dark. It was just barely bright enough for her to see the outline of everything in the room. For some reason, she was already sitting up. Her wings were laid out behind her and she felt like they weren't even there right now. What was happening to her? The world around her was almost frozen in place. There was no indication that it was, but it just felt like everything wasn't moving. That is, until the dark and imposing figure appeared directly in front of her.

Even with the suddenness of it, she didn't flinch back. She just slowly lifted her head and gazed upon the veiled face of Donna Beneviento. She had no idea if any of this was actually happening or if this was some odd dream. It had to be a dream because it didn't make sense how she was just sitting up alone in this room with this woman. The sisters weren't there. They wouldn't leave her....right?

"...Donna...?" She called out to the figure.

"Why do you stay?" A deep yet feminine voice rang out.

Jordan was momentarily stunned by this. She had never heard the woman speak before. But then again, perhaps there was a reason for that. The doll seemed to speak on behalf of its creator, and if she took into account what Bela told her before, then it was no wonder that this woman never spoke. Her life was nothing but tragedy after tragedy. Even without all her memories, Jordan still was reluctant to speak at certain times. Maybe she was just jumping to conclusions here. After all, this seemed to be a dream so who knows what was real or fake.

"Stay....where?" She finally asked.

"Here. This village. Your soul is....far too pure for a land of horror such as this. Even if fallen, your wings are pristine. Pure white. Which means you remain untouched by Satan and his demonic horde. You could fly away from this place, and never look back." Donna spoke slowly.

The angel paused upon hearing this. Her wings....weren't supposed to be white? Well, white and gold. Were fallen angels wings all dark? She glanced behind her and gazed upon her wings. The wings that Mother Miranda returned to her. The wings that she lost once upon a time. Were they really so important in distinguishing her place? They were just wings...right?

"I'm...pure? But I'm....a fallen angel.....cast out of Heaven.....I must have done....something bad to become...like this...." She murmured.

Although her muddled memories told her that she was rebelling against Heaven for a just reason, she couldn't help but wonder if there was a bigger picture here. Did she harm someone? Did she try to pull what Lucifer did before he fell? So many variables she couldn't remember and yet this woman just called her pure. A word used to describe someone void of sin.

"I....saw them. Some of your memories. Not clearly, but vaguely. I heard shouts of fury and outrage. I saw wings moving to and fro in panic. I saw the holy faces of angered angels in the highest positions of power. I saw a light that I would never be able to gaze upon otherwise. Within this, I can see a truth" The woman said.

Although Jordan couldn't see her face through that veil, she could almost feel the woman staring at her. Intensely.

"You fought Heaven to reunite with the one you love. Whomever that may be. And Heaven punished you twice over by sending you here instead of Hell. That is all I could distinguish. The rest is not mine to see." The dollmaker said, giving a curt dip of her head.

Jordan was almost overjoyed that she now had even the faintest idea of why she ended up down here. But that only left her craving more answers. What did Heaven do that made her rebel? Her mind lingered back to who she could've been looking for. Did the person have something to do with it? Before she could spiral into another round of questions, she lifted her head to look at the woman with almost skeptical eyes.