Trust

(A/N: warning for smut in this chapter)

==============================

[1 Day Later]

"Jordan? Are you still awake?" Alina said from the other side of the door.

Jordan, at the moment, was fiddling with the bandages wrapped around her wing. It was recommended that she not move it at all, which was incredibly frustrating considering she didn't know what to do with her wing. She couldn't fold it against her back because that would mean bending it. She couldn't even pull it up very far without it making walking through doorways more impossible than it already was. So now it was dragging behind her and her feathers were dirtying. She didn't know why that annoyed her so much.

"Y-yes...." She called out to the maid.

The door opened and the maid walked in holding Jordan's newest set of clothes. She shakily stood herself up, careful not to lift her arms too much and avoid irritating her shoulders.

"I wanted to escort you to the Lady's private bathing chamber today. She gave you special permission to use it. You'll have to bathe yourself alone today because only a select few maids actually have permission to be on that side of the castle. And I will be busy today. I hope that's alright with you." Alina informed her.

Jordan gave a slow and confused nod, but one thought kept repeating in her mind.

'What is the....private bathing chamber?' She thought.

-

Jordan needed to remind herself at every single moment that she was still in a castle. They have lavish rooms, no matter how old school. So as she glanced around the room, she still found herself shocked by the beautifully carved statues surrounding the large in-ground bathtub that was filled to the top with water. On the side, sat a strange looking bottle of something next to a few folded washcloths and a bar of soap. She followed the maids movements as she set down the fresh folded clothes on the table at the opposite end of the room.

"There. Use the concoction in that bottle to clean your hair, and the soap and washcloth to clean your body. Make sure to remove your bandages before getting in, including the one on your wing. Soaking the injuries under cloth like that could cause an infection. You can leave your dirty clothes on the floor here and someone will be by to pick them up later. I'll come check in on you when I'm done and help you redress and put fresh bandages on you." The maid said, making her way back to the door.

Jordan nodded thankfully and didn't even get another word out before the woman left in a hurry. The head maid always seemed to be moving from place to place at every point. She always looked exhausted as well. Perhaps that just came with the job, but she imagined that it couldn't possibly be easy.

The angel slowly turned towards the large bath of water. The water was so clear that she could see her reflection in it. Her own crystalline eyes stared back at her. She sighed as she realized a bit of a dilemma she found herself in. She couldn't lift her arms up too far due to her wounds, and getting her shirt off her body regularly was always a hassle on her own because of her wings. And even now, one of her wings was practically useless. How on earth was she supposed to do this?

Jordan decided to start off small and slowly pulled her injured wing closer to herself. She slowly began to unwrap the bindings on her wing, relieved when her feathers were no longer crunched up. They had to stitch together the hole in her wing since the arrow had punctured through to the other side. It still hurt it slightly to move, but it was getting better. Now back to the problem at hand. She attempted to lift her shirt up but was immediately stopped by the pain in her shoulders. One more time, and the same thing happened. She groaned in annoyance.