lets race

I'm sat in the McLaren motorhome. Lando told me to meet him here but I'm still in a mood with him from the other night. I can't believe he'd do this to piss me off. It's not even funny. Sam was so excited about coming. I hear the door swing open so I turn my head to see Lando walking inside. "Morning" he says beaming. I ignore him. "Oh come on. You can't be annoyed with me for the rest of your life" he says sitting down next to me. "I'm not annoyed" I lie. He frowns and slides closer to me, "Then stop acting it" he says glaring to me. I frown and sigh, "Please let him in." I say pleadingly. He furrows his eyebrows at me, "You didn't tell him did you?" He says shaking his head. "Well I thought you'd off changed your mind. You know. Been a bit more nicer to me" I say grinning. Lando frowns. "I don't want him in here" he says shaking his head.

"But I do. Do you not care about my feelings" I say standing up. He chuckles, "Of course I do. But it's not happening Ria" he says smiling at me. "Please. What about afterwards? We can celebrate" I say grinning. He scrunches his face up, "How about me, you, Thalia and Carlos celebrate" he says smiling. "And Sam?" I ask. "No." He says. "Why are you so against him you haven't even met him" I say slumping back down next to him. He smiles at me, "Your not ready for a relationship" he says. "What? What the hell is that supposed to mean" I say glaring.

"It means what I said. You're not ready for a relationship." He repeats standing up. "Lando you don't get to decide who I date" I say shaking my head at him. "Oh Ria. I really do" he says winking at me before walking off. Prick. What does he even mean by that. That's so ridiculous. He can't control who I date. In fact. Fine. I'm bringing Sam over tonight and I swear to god. Lando is going to love it.
_________________________________

I rush back to the garage, to watch the race with Thalia. "Heyyyy" she says as I come over. "Howse the boyfriend doing" I say taking a sip of my drink. She smiles, "P2" she says grinning. "Ok you're very happy for P2" I say laughing. She rolls her eyes and turns my head to the screen. Lando is in P1? How. Wow. There's no way. I only missed 15 laps what the hell. We watch together gushing over Lando's current P1. There's a close call with Max at one point but he managed to hold him off. He's gonna do it. He's gonna win his first race. Oh my god. Me and Thalia run to the paddock and jump up and down excited. When I hear that sound I've been wishing for. For all too long. "REDBULL HAVE THROWN EVERYTHING AT HIM TODAY BUT HE HAS COPED BRILLIANTLY. FROM P5 TO P1 LANDO NORRIS, IS THE WINNER OF THE 2024 MIAMI GRAND PRIX". The car zooms past us and I scream.

I can't believe this. His car drives down to the P1 spot and he jumps out the car, he runs and jumps into the engineers. Before turning round and spotting me. I could cry for him. This is all he's ever dreamed. He races towards me picking me up in his arms and hugging me tight. "I'm so fucking proud of you" I whisper to him. He holds me close jumping up and down. He doesn't say anything but no words is enough. He's so happy. I know that. He runs to Carlos and hugs him. P1 and P2 Carlando again. I smile to myself watching him celebrate. "I'm so proud of him T" I say. Lando comes back to me and takes his helmet off, "This is the best day of my life" he says grinning at me. I smile and squeeze him again, he hands me his sweaty T-shirt. Brilliant "cheers Lands" I say giggling. We watch Carlos and Lando on the podium celebrating and spraying each other with champagne.

Yeah he's not getting a hug till he's showered. "You alright there?" Thalia asks looking down to my hands. I look down and I didn't even realise I'm hugging his shirt close to my chest. "Oh what yeah" I say laughing although I can't bring myself to not hold it close to me. I don't know why.

Me and Thalia walk off to the motorhome, both so excited to see them both and be able to talk to them. After about 10 minutes, they burst through stinking of champagne. "Who wants a hug" Lando teases chasing me around. I run away from him laughing, "NO GROSS YOU SMELL LIKE WINE" I say running away. He catches me in his arms and spins me around making me giggle. "Now I smell like Champagne" I say frowning but trying to hide my smile. Carlos has down the same to Thalia. "Well done Carlos" I say grinning. He smiles, "Your boys the one you should be proud of" he says smiling to us both. Lando doesn't let go off me, keeping his arms round my waist. "Well he's not my boy but I am very proud of him" I say. Lando tightens his grip and leans down to my ear, "I'm not your boy no?" He says smirking against my cheek. I roll my eyes.

"About that. Celebrations at mine?" I say. Thalia's looking between me and Lando and I shrug. I don't know what's been up with him recently. "Sounds amazing" Lando says holding me close to him. Thalia and Carlos look to each other and raise an eyebrow, "See you two there then" Carlos says winking to Lando. I hear Lando's little laugh in my ear. When they leave the motorhome, he untucks his arms from my waist and walks over to the motorhome fridge. "What was that about?" I ask him. He turns to me confused, "What?" He says taking an apple out the fridge. "Oh I don't know. 'I'm not your boy no?'" I mimick. Lando laughs, "I was just winding you up. Singleton" he says taking a bite of his apple. I'll show him singleton. Wait till he meets Sam tonight.

I walk up next to him, "Hey look what I posted." I say shoving the phone in his face. His smile just gets bigger.

@riayen

liked by @McLaren, @thaliasims, @carlossainz, @samfinch and 2

liked by @McLaren, @thaliasims, @carlossainz, @samfinch and 2.3 million others...

so proud of my best friend on his first win, he makes me prouder every day x

comments:

@McLaren let's go landooooo 🧡🧡
-comment liked by @riayen-

@thaliasims most exciting race 🥹
-reply @riayen carlando 🔛🔝

@carlossainz so glad he's on top finally
-comment liked by @riayen-

@maxverstappen well deserved 👏🏻👏🏻
-comment liked by @riayen-

"You're so adorable" Lando says ruffling my hair. "When we going back to mine then?" I ask sitting down on the stool. He comes closer to me, "Now?" He asks hovering over me. I shrug and grab my stuff. We leave the motorhome together laughing about something stupid.