as it was

The past couple of days, me and Thalia have spent in our cosies. Eating ice cream. I basically kicked Lando out to stay with Carlos so we could have an intervention for the weekend. Me and Thalia. Just two girls. Mourning a breakup together.

"Do you know what the stats are for tomorrow?" Thalia asks taking a spoonful of ice cream. "Lando's starting P2" I say eating a scoop as well. "And Carlos?" Thalia asks looking at me. "P1." I mumble. "Well at least someone's dealing with the breakup well" she says rolling her eyes. "T I don't think he is" I say showing her a photo from the press today.

"I hate seeing him like that" Thalia says sighing

"I hate seeing him like that" Thalia says sighing. "Lando said he's been miserable T." I say trying to persuade her. "Well he's put his foot in it." She says rolling her eyes. "Did he explain why?" I ask her. She sighs, "Apparently she came onto him. And it was a mistake" she replies probing at her ice cream. I don't say anything. Thalia looks at me. "Do you think I was hasty with the breakup?" She asks. "I mean. I don't know T. I don't think it was the wrong decision. But I believe that Carlos got set up with the kiss" I say slowly. Thalia shoots me a look, "I've made a mistake haven't I?" She asks. I don't reply. "What would you do?" She asks scanning my eyes. "Try and talk to him again." I say nervously. Weirdly as I say that I hear the door unlock. "Give me a minute. I'm sure Lando's just here to get his stuff" I say jumping up. I open the bedroom door, and Lando is stood with Carlos. Oh god.

"Um. Maybe not the best time" I say glaring at Lando. Lando looks me up and down, "My hoodie and my tracky bottoms?" He asks grinning. "Uh. No." I lie. He comes to me and cuddles me, "You look so pretty in my clothes." He says tucking a loose hair behind my ear. Carlos stumbles over. "Is he drunk?" I ask. Lando sighs. "He refused to go home and until he could speak to T" Lando says rubbing his forehead. "Where is she?" Carlos asks. I hear footsteps from the room and Thalia walks out. "What is he doing here?" She asks looking at me. I bite my lip, "This was not my idea" I say putting my hands up. "I want 5 minutes" Carlos says stumbling over. "Carlos are you drunk?" Thalia asks concerned. "I need to talk to you Thalia" he says slurring his words. "Fuck sake. This isn't good Carlos. You need to be fit and ready for the race tomorrow" she says crossing her arms. "I can't be focused until I talk to you" Carlos says walking to her. Thalia puts her hands up, "Not too close" she says sighing.

I go to walk towards her but Lando slides his arms round my waist and pulls me into him, "Lando" I groan. "What did we talk about not getting involved" he whispers in my ear. Carlos walks slowly towards Thalia. "Can I have a hug" he pleads. Thalia rolls her eyes, "Fine." She says. Carlos intertwines his arms round her waist and pulls her closer to him, leaning his head on her shoulder. "I want you back. I never ever want you to feel like this ever again. Please forgive me Thalia" Carlos says crying into her arms. She leans her head on his and sighs. "We can talk about it." She says slowly. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you" he says quickly kissing her cheek. "Carlos boundaries" she says softly. "I know. I'm sorry. I just want you close" he says.

Lando smiles against my cheek, and I lean into him. "Can we go back to the apartment and talk?" Carlos asks pulling away from Thalia. Thalia looks to me and I nod slowly. She sighs, "Ok." She says. Carlos looks to her and smiles. They walk out the apartment together. Carlos holding Thalia as close as possible. "Should we follow them?" I whisper to Lando. Lando shakes his head, "Give them an hour" he says walking me over to the bedroom. He opens the door and laughs, "You can tell 2 women have been in here" he says walking around. "Where's my stuff?" He asks looking over to me. I walk to the wardrobe and open it. "You packed it away. Rude" he says sitting down on the bed. "We can put it back once them two make up" I say shutting the wardrobe door.