Chapter Eighteen - Moving On.

Meanwhile...
Andrei Lupin...

My life here at the academy has been relatively easy to this point. I have always been popular with my dorm-mates and fellow shifter's. I am the alpha they all look up to or come to for advice. I take that role as seriously as I take my studies. I liked being the one in control and guiding my fellow species through their time here at the academy. I excelled at most of my studies but combat training was where my true abilities lay, and the school had a career-day of sorts coming up which I fully expect will indicate I should be in some sort of formal law-enforcement type position. Whether that be one of the enforcers, who are basically the supe-version of the police, or maybe I could go into the private sector and become a guard for one of the powerful families. Either way I am happy with the direction my professional future seemed to be taking.

On a personal note, I have had no shortage of girls throwing themselves at me – we have a lot of parties here at the school, the professors are happy to turn the other cheek as long as things don't get too out of hand and as long as we make it all inclusive, meaning that no species are left out and I know that some of the shifter's and witches are uneasy about having Vampires around at social events where inhibitions are already low, but so far so good. For me, I like variety when it comes to girls, or should I say, liked in past tense; I have always been of the opinion that variety is the spice of life but a Goddess.

That is a particular spice that I never imagined I would or could possibly have. Let alone being fated to a Demi-Goddess. My mind is swimming with the knowledge that she is a Demi-God. Eve.

The new girl.

The beautiful girl that I have felt the fated-tug to from the moment I laid eyes on her. My soul recognises my counter-half, and I am fighting every basic instinct that an animal like me has.

Mate.

Claim.

Bite.

Own.

Dominate.

I want it all with her. I need it all with her. The hardest part of all of this is that she clearly doesn't quite understand the weight of this connection. I want to say that she will take to it easily, and that might have been true if I was her only mate, but I'm not. Another fact that I never could have imagined happening to me.

A mating-coven was extremely rare these days because magic has been dwindling, due to the cross-breeding of Supes with humans, the pure bloods are becoming more, rare.

Our Head-Mistress is part of a mating-coven with nine men. I can't even wrap my mind around that fact. Nine men and one woman, I have to admire Miss. Nightingale's life-style.

Professor Stoker seemed to think that Eve has at least one more fated here at the academy. Is that true? And if it is, who is it?

My first instinct upon hearing what Eve and the professor were telling me last night was to scoff and dismiss it and had it not been for the tug on my soul, I might very well have just walked out the door and not looked back, which I now know would have been a mistake of epic proportions. So, I had done the only thing that I could – I raced back to the Shifter-dorm and packed up my stuff then spent an hour shipping it all over. Thankfully, Jensen and Nathan offered to help me and that made it much easier and quicker.

A mating-coven.

Honestly, it goes against everything that I believe in as a shifter. Being an alpha I am naturally dominant and territorial over what I consider mine. It is partly the reason why I have remained a virgin. I know that I have a penchant for romance, and I always said that I would only ever be with one woman and while that will still be true, she won't just be, only mine. I have to learn to share her with the other members of the coven. I guess there is a part of me that is worried that I won't be able to accept it. And if that is the case, where will that leave our bond?