Chapter Twenty-Four - Something to Believe in.

Kevin Stoker...

Everything has changed. It changed the moment that Eve came into my life.

I was no longer a hybrid Vampire just going through the motions.

I was no longer alone and miserable with my lot in life.

I was no longer just a teacher.

I had something to believe in now. I had someone to live for. I had a purpose. I never expected the fated-bond to feel like this. I never imagined that it would be this strong and infinite because there really was nothing that I wouldn't do for my mate.

Last night was one of the scariest moments I had ever witnessed. The scene that Eve had projected us to was unquestionably disturbing to say the least but there was absolutely no way that Noah should have been able to see us. That part was maybe the most disturbing part of the event, but it was what happened when we returned to our bodies that shocked me and rocked me to my very core; Eve crumpled on the floor, face ashen in complexion, breathing so slow and shallow that I feared she might be dying. Could a Demi-God even die? The fact that I had no idea of the limits on my mate was what had prompted me to spend the day researching. Unfortunately, there was such little information about Demi-Gods due to their standing within the supe-community that it was frustrating to find that what I already knew was it.

No weaknesses.

No strengths.

Not even a mention of whether they were immortal like their parental figure.

Not even a full list of their abilities was listed.

I was beyond frustrated. How was I meant to keep her safe when I had no damn idea of what her race was capable of? I have always been the plan guy – I thought things through, much in the same way that Eve does, and I like to have a plan and a few back-ups in place just in case. But I couldn't even do that in regard to Eve.

It was the reason that I had sought out an audience with Nyx this morning. It was my intention to come up with a game-plan with the Head-Mistress should the worst come to the worst.

Thankfully, Nyx was of the same mindset as me in regard to the newest student to our academy. I know that it had irked Eve when I had told her that she was not permitted to leave the campus with Sage earlier. I knew that she wanted to see the magical shops and cafes and clubs. But it was simply too dangerous, and Nyx had agreed with me that until we can get Eve into top shape, she is to remain on campus. It is really for her own safety. And a part of me felt like a damn overbearing parent – setting rules and conditions to her life when as her mate, I should be helping her adjust but thankfully, she had two other mates who could pick up that slack.

It was also my belief that by having one of the three of us in Eve's bed every night might act like some sort of anchor to keep her from astral-projecting back to Hell, or anywhere else. Of course, there was the danger that it would simply cause her to just pull whoever was lying next to her with her, but at least then she wouldn't be alone. Especially when it seemed that Eve's ability to project included being seen by anyone within the vicinity.

Nyx and I agreed that whenever Eve had a free period, she would be head to the training department where she would either meet with Andrei when he was available, or the actual combat teacher, Mr. Austin. It was now more important, than ever, that we get, Eve battle ready because Lucian hadn't stopped trying to coerce Eve by whispering in her mind. At least she understood now how dangerous it was to even think about answering him. I have no doubt that my mate is mentally strong enough to withstand the constant whispering from the devil.