Chapter Twenty-Two - Girl Time.

The Following Morning...
Eve Chambers...

Waking up this morning with a huge smile on my face and the sense of being well rested wasn't something that I was used to. My brain always seemed to be working – never truly giving up the control that I held so rigidly over my life. I can't actually remember a time when I haven't had something that I needed to get up for at an unGodly hour.

Work.

Caring for my dad.

Housework.

School.

It always appeared to be something. Now, I have weekends to myself, a small pocket of time where I didn't have to contemplate what I had to do next to keep life ticking over. It was a surreal feeling, not something that I am sure I will ever truly get used to.

I know that the guys want to continue working on my training and I am cool with that, but they had left me to sleep this morning and when I opened my eyes to see it was almost midday, I had felt a pang of guilt.

Were they waiting for me?

Would they be mad at being kept waiting?

I felt a slight pang of disappointment that Andrei wasn't still by my side which evaporated when my eyes landed on a mug of coffee that he had placed in a travel mug to ensure it stayed warm and a small, folded piece of paper with my name scrawled on the front.

Eve,

Sorry I couldn't be there when you wake up, but I have a standing soccer game every Sunday with my fellow shifter's. Please know that last night was amazing. I can't wait to kiss you more. You are amazing. I will be thinking of you. If the others aren't pushing you too hard today, come over to the field, I would love to see you there.
Kisses.
Drei.
Xoxo.

It was ridiculous the true surge of excitement that flushed through me at his sweet words. Last night was amazing. Holy sinner but that man could kiss – he had made my damn toes curl with pleasure and a pulsing need to erupt deep inside of me. I guess his reputation as a player is something that I am able to take advantage of, because there is no way that I won't be kissing him every chance that I could get.

"So, what's going on?" Sage asked me as we traipsed through the forest towards the main campus building which had the soccer-field behind.

"What makes you think something is going on?" I asked, pulling my cigarettes from my pocket, and offering my friend one which she accepted eagerly.

"Because your aura is all shimmering and vibrant, more vibrant than it normally is-" ok so that was something that I wanted her to elaborate on later because now it was time for girl time.

Never having had a girl-friend before, I was still getting used to the rituals that all girl-friends seemed to have. Girl time. Girl talk. Sharing secrets. Encouraging one another in what we wanted and needed. Helping one another when the other was struggling or unsure of themselves. Give each other a dose of the truth if the other needed to hear it.

If I am being honest, I am drowning a little over everything that happened in the past twelve hours or so.

The scene with Noah and whatever that had been. Was it possible that I had astral-projected?

When Andrei and I had finally come up for air, we had talked for a couple of hours, and he explained what the theory had been when I had collapsed after seeing what I had in Noah's house. I never would have imagined that astral-projection was really a thing, but I guess I really should try to stop being so surprised with everything that goes on around here. I am a part of this world now.