Chapter 1 - Ana

I woke up to the sound of a little baby's cries coming from the Baby Monitor.
OH MY GOD, I OVERSLEPT.
I looked at the small digital alarm and it read 8:45. I need to reach my office at 9:30 am. I quickly stood up, walking to the door opposite to my bedroom, the cries still not coming to end.

SOMEONE'S NOT HAPPY TODAY.

When I reached inside, the cries started to fade away, and I saw a little smile that's making its way in that pretty face. THANK GOD, I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH A CRYING BABY RIGHT NOW.

"MOMMY!" My 2 year old Lia comes to me and wraps her tiny little hands around my left leg. I quickly pick her up to my waist and give her a kiss on her nose.

"Hey, little girl. Good Morning, have you slept nicely?" Lia nods her head and rests it on the crook of my neck. "Ok, then let's get you cleaned up, mom has to hurry up today, she doesn't want to be late" I told my little baby, as we walk up to the bathroom. We quickly go through our morning routine and we soon got dressed. I'm in a plain white shirt and black pants, FORMAL SUCKS. Lia is in her cute yellow dress, which she loves dearly since her Nana bought it for her.

As we make our way to the kitchen, I see the time is 9:15 am. I groan in frustration as to how I'm gonna get there in time. I prepare a simple breakfast, Bread with Butter, which Lia loves a lot. As soon as I put Lia's plate on the table, someone rings the doorbell. I sigh and make my way to the door only to see Angela, Lia's babysitter standing there with a warm smile on her face.

"Hello Ms. D'Souza, I see you haven't left yet?" It comes out more like a question since I leave the house by 9:15 everyday. Even though, my office is just a 5 minutes drive from my apartment, I leave 15 minutes early everyday, I LIKE TO BE PUNCTUAL. I sigh, and allow Angela inside checking the time on my wrist watch, 9:20 am.

"Yeah, actually I overslept, so...that's why. Anyway, Lia is in the dining area, having breakfast, I'm leaving right now, I don't have enough time" I say these words while running into my bedroom to pick my necessities. I quickly rush outside, give Lia a kiss, sprinting towards the main door. I'm standing for the elevator, but it seems to be super busy today.

ONLY WHEN I'M IN A HURRY!

As I get out of the elevator, I push everyone on my way, apologizing every once in a while and run towards my car. I get in the Car, and basically rush out in high speed, not caring for anything in the world. I don't even bother to turn on the radio. I speed drive to my office building and park my car.
I pass through the mass people, runing into the elevator as it closes, but still managing to get inside. I walk out on the 21st floor and scan my ID to get in. As I walk towards my desk, I see the time is 9:32 am. OH NO, IM 2 MINUTES LATE.

I sit on my chair and turn on the computer and start working. It's been 3 hours and I haven't left my desk, not even for a coffee. I refuse to give in to my temptations and work for more half hour. I am almost done, when I see that it's 1 pm, Lunch Break. I quickly turn off my computer and head towards the canteen. I haven't eaten anything since morning. I buy myself a cup of coffee and a Sandwich and sit down in one of the tables.

I grab my phone to give a call to Angela right when I hear the sound of heels clicking on the tiles. I turn my head up to see the last person I want to see. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
"I heard that someone was late to work today, didn't know I'd ever hear such thing, but it's a surprise to my ears...." Stella goes on and on about her 'opinions' and 'suggestions' in her extremely high pitched voice coming out of her bright red painted lips and I lose my appetite. Her voice is such an irritation, my Lia would cry if she ever heard her talk.

I stand up and give Stella a fake smile and walk away to my desk. It would've been great if I woke up early in the morning. It would've been great if I avoided the news I saw yesterday night which drained up all my sleep. I don't know how much more time would it take for me to scroll through Instagram as a normal person again without any kind of "Stuffs" landing in my For You Page. Soon I start working on my Computer.

5 pm, my wrist watch read and I grab my things and start to head out. As I sit in my Car, I start thinking about today, it was like a mini hell. I woke up late, didn't have anything in breakfast or lunch, Stella's irritating noise, me ending up thinking about the 'memory' I promised myself never to remember. As I make my way through the traffic, I turn on the radio soon switching it to the English Channel, I totally freeze when I hear the all too familiar voice and SONG.