Chapter 18 - Niall

Song Recommendation:
Rewrite the Starts - Zac Efron, Zendaya.

Two Hours before the wedding.

I don't want to do this. God, what was I thinking when I agreed to this. I mean, the love of my life and my baby is right there outside in the world but I am here getting ready for my wedding. I can't do this.

The more and more time passes, the more suffocated I feel. I just think, if I take this step, I would lose everything. My friends already despise me for the person I've become. Normally, they're very supportive of any decisions I make but they wouldn't agree one percent on this one.

My family doesn't like Amelia. She's always been too shiny and spoiled for my mother's liking. On the other hand, she treats them like some lowlives and not to mention how she doesn't want me to visit them. My mother totally despises her attitude.

More importantly, Ana. People say flings are never meant to be but to be honest she wasn't ever a fling to me. She's my saviour. My angel. She saved me from myself. No matter how much I try to thank her for it, it would never be enough.

I know how bad it must be on her after she heard of the news of me getting married. The thing is, we both Love each other madly that we end up hurting each other. She's putting others' happiness in front of hers and that must be killing her.

Back in the call, I could hear how badly she wanted me back. How badly she wanted to see if things could work out. But, her stupid mind puts others first instead of hers and breaks her heart. I want her to be selfish.

I want myself to be selfish.

Thinking about the life I could've had with her makes me want to throw myself off the cliff. It would have been so beautiful. Me, her and Lia. We would've been the perfect family. She would've been the one I was getting married to. She would've been the face I slept on and woke up to.

Now that I know none of it is ever possible, it makes me want to scream and rip my head off. My life could've been so much better if I hadn't messed it up so much. If I was sure with my choices.

One thing's for sure now, I don't want Amy standing there at the end of the altar.

One Hour before the wedding.

Someone knocks on my door and opens it. I turn around to find Jenna and Louis walking in. They have an awkward look on their face as they make their way towards me.

"So....you need help?" Jenna asked as she looked at me fidgeting with my tie. I nod my head negatively as she sighed and ran her hands through her neatly fixed hair, ruining them a bit.

"Are the others here yet?" I asked trying to break the awkward silence. Louis simply nodded as he stood straight, looking out at the lake from my floor to ceiling window. His hands were tightly inside his pockets as he was lost deep in his thoughts.

"This place is actually good..." Jenna dragged, sensing the tension in the room. I didn't respond, since I didn't know what to say. One thing's for sure, they are here to talk to me about something. I still kept fidgeting with my tie as I couldn't get it right.

Soon, Jenna walked to me, and grabbed the tie in her hand and started doing it. "You don't even know how to tie this, how are you going to manage a wedding?" She mumbled, lightly laughing at her joke. But neither me not Louis said a word. "The crazy thing is-" Louis cut her off by saying something that made her hands freeze.

"Ana and Lia's in town." I quickly snap my head up in his direction as his blue eyes looked red with anger. Why the hell is he angry? The thing is I know Ana is in town but I didn't know Lia was here too. The reason I called up Ana was because I wanted to know if there was even a slightest bit of chance we held. Now that I knew she's in London, I could just walk up to her door and change her mind. But Lia? I didn't know she was here as well.

That's when realisation hit me. The girl with Harry was Lia. That's why Ana entered the cafè. God, I was so foolish that I looked past it.

"Louis stop." Jenna whispered looking at him but he just glared back at her.

"I can't let you do this Niall. I mean, look at you," he waved his hand over me, "You don't want to do this yourself." He walked towards me and put his arm on my shoulder, looking me deep in the eye. "Your daughter is out there without knowing who her father is. You can't do this to her. Also, I hate to be the one to say this to you, but Ana is still madly in love with you. I don't think she will ever move on."

"Louis, you need to stop." Jenna glared at him but this time he snapped back at her.

"You just shut up. I don't even know what you'll are doing by hiding them both from him." He finger quoted the words. "I mean, it's not doing any good to neither of them!" He then turned to me. "She still Loves You, Niall Horan. Go."

That was all I needed. The confirmation that Ana loved me. That's what I wanted to hear from her today but knowing her, she'll never say it. But now that I know what I want, I'm not going to stop myself.

I have to be selfish this time.

So what if the universe doesn't want us to be together? I can make them change their mind.

I stormed out of the room and started heading straight to the bride's room. They say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, but I am going to call off the wedding. As I enter the room, I get a few weird looks from everyone in the room but I ignore them all and look at Amy.

She sat there idly wearing her bathrobe. A girl was doing her hair while another one was doing her nails.

"I need to talk to you." When the others try to say something, I cut them off. "Now."

10 minutes before the wedding.

I parked the car at the garage and turned down the engine. I don't know why but my talk with Amy drew out every single molecule of energy from me. I just left someone right before walking down the aisle with them. I just hope nothing has been leaked to the media. Once, I am relaxed, I would inform them myself.

I always find myself running back to this place whenever I feel extremely low. Whenever I feel completely lost and helpless, this place helps me think and take the right step. Now that I want to get away from all the mayhem, I decided to come back here.

I exited the car and made my way inside the house. I always have the keys to this house attached to the keys of this old car. It feels like no matter whatever changes in time, these non-living things remain constant and doesn't change.

Now, I'm just going to grab a bottle of beer and head to sleep. After I get a good amount of peaceful sleep, I'm going down to Ana's place and talk to her. I know it requires loads of energy to convince her that we can write our own story, we can take this further to a next level, but to do that I need to get a good amount of sleep, something that I've been deprived of for weeks.

Right when I head towards the staircase, a sudden sound of car catches me off guard. No one knows that I am here and no one would come to this place, considering it is quite a long drive from the city. Who could this be?

I head towards the door, but before opening, I look through the glass wall outside. The person standing there, in the middle of the lawn, makes my blood run cold, in a good way. I quickly opened the door and as soon as her tear filled eyes met mine, I couldn't stop myself.

I walked over to her and grabbed her by her hair crashing her lips to mine. Soon enough, her hands found their way back to my chest as they rested there lightly, as she started kissing me back. A small smile crept on my face as she pulled back and I left no time, connecting our foreheads.

"Wanted to do that since a long time."