Chapter 12 - Ana

Song Recommendation:
A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope

She walked down the aisle with a bright smile on her face. I can't help the large smile on my face seeing her in that beautiful dress. This was all she ever wanted. A perfect wedding with Louis Tomlinson. There were times, when we just laid down on the rooftop of our dorm and talked about these things, how it would be, who it would be. Little did she knew her dream would become reality, along with Louis standing at the altar.

I look over at Louis, he's smiling at his perfect bride. After the chaos at the dining table, Louis apologised to me personally and said he'd be more careful the next time. I wouldn't blame him either. No matter how much we both fight, we loved each other more than that. And deep inside, we both are aware of it.

The priest blessed them both with Bible verses and then they both exchanged their vows and the ring. After the prayer service, they both kiss each other and walk down the aisle, holding each other's hands, proudly.

This is it, everything is over. I look over at the other end to find Niall, the Best Man, looking at me already. This time, I give him a small smile, which, surprisingly he returns. I look at everyone else there, these are my favourite people in the world. The family I found. At a point in life, I had to leave them, including the love of my life. I never thought, I'd see them ever again, but fate had different plans. It brought us under the same roof, just like old times. But now that everything is over, we all are going to part ways. I don't even know when I'm going to see these faces again. I wonder if I will ever. Maybe, this is the last time. I wiped the tear from my face and moved on for the group picture.

Later, we all arrive for dinner. There are not many guests, Louis' family is sitting around a table, all of his sisters and his relatives. Jenna's family except Liam and his girlfriend Katie, are on another table. Louis, Jenna, Liam, Katie, Harry, Me, Zayn, Gigi, Niall and Amelia are on a large round table. We talked about the times when me and Jenna used to sneak out for parties and how the guys picked us up like kidnappers. I soon raise from my chair to give the bridesmaid speech.

"Attention, everyone." I said as I clicked the glass with my fork bringing everyone's attention to me. "This toast is for the beautiful couple here, Louis and Jenna. You all know I don't drink, but today, I'm finally gonna take a swig. For old times sake." I said, looking at Louis, for which he mouthed back an 'I Love You'. I took a drink of the champagne and continued my speech. "So, I've known Jenna ever since the first week of College. We both were assigned Dorm mates, I think the Dean still struggles with that." I let out a chuckle as everyone followed. "We both were like sisters at first sight. In Jenna's language, we totally hit it off!" This makes everyone laugh. I direct my eyes towards hers and feel mine watering up. "Jenna, I'll be honest though, you really are my sister. You were with me at that time of my life, when nobody else was. You stood there like a strong pillar, helping me go through all of that. You gave me a family. Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn.." I swept my eyes over every one of them, landing on the last one "....and Niall." He didn't break the contact until I looked back at Jenna, which was a good five seconds. "I am forever grateful for that." She nodded her head trying to ease off the tears from her eyes. "But still, I don't approve of you marrying this Dog." My sentence makes everyone laugh and Louis yells a 'Fuck You' in the air. "But, as long as he remains a Golden Retriever, it's ok. But, if anytime in the future, this Dog bites you, then I wouldn't think twice before poisoning it, understand?" With that I end my speech and sit back down.

Everything goes on smoothly, until my phone starts to ring. I frown when I see my mom's caller ID. It should be around midnight there, why is she calling me so late? I excuse myself from the crowd and walk near the entrance of the banquet. As soon as I pick up my phone, I hear a loud cry followed by my mother's muffled voice. My entire body goes rigid. What the hell is happening there?

"Hello? Lia? Can you hear me?" I speak into the phone, panic evident in my voice. I hear her cry more, when I speak.

"Ana, honey. Lia fell down today and she hurt her head. I took her to the hospital to bandage the wound. But now, she won't sleep, she wants her mother." My mom sighs into phone at the same time, trying to calm Lia down.

"Mom, why are you saying this to me, now!?" I ask this a little a bit louder. "Don't you think you should've informed me as soon as she hurt herself or at least after you came back home from the hospital?" Now I'm fully angry, my voice gets louder and louder with each word. I feel a few heads turning towards my direction but I ignore them.

"I'm sorry Honey. Today's the wedding and I thought you would've been a lot busy. So I figured, not to disturb you." My mom says, trying to calm me down a little. But, my anger just builds up more.

"Mom, how can you think that?" I feel my tears starting to form. "My daughter was hurt and you didn't inform me because I was busy having fun. You see how bad of a mother that makes me look?" I ask into the phone, my voice breaking. "I would've come in the next flight." I whisper the last part.

"Are you hearing yourself Ana? This is exactly why I didn't tell you. You haven't been out of your apartment for the past 3 years. I want my daughter to live her life. If you are concerned for you daughter. Then, I am for mine." My mom finishes sternly. It is that tone which says 'end of discussion.'

I sigh, "Ok, put Lia on the phone." As soon as the words excape my mouth. Lia is already talking, "Mommy, I miss you." She says in her delicate tone.

"I miss you too baby. Now listen to me, you love me, right?" A small 'Hm' escapes from her mouth, she must be nodding her head. "Ok, you have to go to bed now, sleep well and if you feel lonely, ask Nana to sleep with you, Ok baby?"

She says a small 'Ok', but soon continues, "I want you Mumma" Her voice trembling. My heart aches whenever I see her hurt. That's what leads me to my next decision.

"Baby, just go to sleep. Mumma will be there with you tomorrow night. Sounds good?"

"Ana, what are you saying-" I cut off my mom.

"Mom, I've made my decision. I'm coming back by the morning flight." With that, I cut the call. I return to our table and take my seat. I feel everyone's stare on me but one person is missing. I don't know where he is, I definitely did not see him leave, I was by the entrance.

"Babe? What's wrong? Everything okay?" Jenna asks, gently putting her palm on top of my knuckles. I nod, sighing. That's when I see him. He walks to the table with a bottle of  whiskey, eyebrow tightly knit together as he takes a seat. I feel his eyes burning holes through mine, so I uncomfortably shift on my chair. I wish it wasn't like this. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I just wish how things would've turned out to be, if only Niall waited a few more minutes that day and let me finish my sentence.

"Guys, I'll be leaving by morning." Everyone gasps at my words. Even, Amelia, fake gasped. But Niall's jaw clenched more.

"You weren't leaving until evening, what happened?" Jenna said concerned.

"I'm really Sorry. There's an emergency back home. I have to go as early as possible." A low chuckle escapes my mouth and that's when I hear a loud thud on the table. Niall's fist hit the table with a loud noise, startling all of us, as he walks outside the banquet. What the hell is wrong with him? Amelia follows him, but I avert my eyes from them, not wanting to let my last moments with my friends go in trash.

We all bid our goodbyes after spending a quality amount of time together and I start to make my way towards my room. I open my room and turn on the lights. I almost let out a scream when I saw someone already inside, sitting on the bed with a bottle in hand.

He looked restless. His white shirt rolled up at the sleeve, coat abandoned beside him on the bed. His hair looks all messy and out of the place. My heart ached to see him like this. No matter how much I hated him, my love for him was above and beyond that. And to see the love of your life turn into an alcoholic is the curse I wouldn't even wish on my enemy.

"You should stop drinking, you know." I whispered. His head snapped up at my voice, "Don't do this to yourself, Niall." My words seem to shift something in his face and his bloodshot eyes lock on mine. Those eyes lack any spark of the once mischievousness it used to hold. His face looks like it would break, if he even tried to crack a smile. He's turned Cold. But before I could say anything, his question catches me off guard, draining away all the blood from my body.

"Who's Lia?"