Chapter III

Sparring is something I know how to do. I learned from the best in that aspect. I put on my training gear and I mentally prepare myself for today. My daggers are sharp as I put them in their place. I've grown a liking for the Violet girl. She seems weak but ready to fight. That holds respect in my book.

Xaden has been on my mind. He looks so much colder than when I saw him last and that means alot from me who has seen this man and his 107 scars that riddle his body. At night when I couldn't sleep he would lay in bed with me and I would trace his scars.

The man I am looking at now looks ruthless.

As I hear names rambled off by Captain Fitzgibbons telling cadets which mat to go to spar I make direct eye contact with Xander and that was one big mistake. He looks me up and down but his eyes linger on my dagger strapped around my thigh. He smirks and continues the conversation he's having.

" Nora Freysson and Jace Sutherland" Captain Fitzgibbons says.

I look at my opponent as I step onto the mat. He's tall but not as tall as Xaden. He is skinny but the skinny ones are always quick footed.

I nod my head and walk on to the mat.

He immediately goes to hit me a land to my left cheek.

"You mother Fucker" I say spitting out blood.

I kick his feet out from underneath him so I have him on the ground. As I pin him to the ground I feel a burning gaze hit the back of my neck. I turn and it's him staring so intensely that I feel I might break.

That gives enough time for Jace to throw me off of him and in a matter of seconds my back hits the mat and a dagger is to my neck.

"Your father killed my sister" he spits

His hands tighten harder

"Get in line" is all I could say with restricting airways.

Well that pissed him off he screams " I'm gonna kill you and that's a promise but for now do u yield"

"No" I refuse to give up this fight

I can see in the corner of my eye Xaden in all of his furry.

The dagger goes harder against my skin

"Do you yield"

I can only whisper "no"

This is where I die I thought

"SHE FUCKING YEILDS NOW GET OFF OF HER" is all I can hear him say as my vision blurs and I feel my self lifted up off the mat.

I slowly open my eyes and I'm on a soft bed.I jump up and grab one of my daggers. "What the fuck" I sigh in relief and I seen Xaden on a chair in the room

"Are you okay?" he says as he fiddles with the dagger that was once strapped to my thigh.

"I can't believe I let him win" I mumble

"I know I'm shocked myself" he says

"Well if it wasn't for your beady little eyes staring at me, I might've won" I counter

He stands up and hugs me. "I've missed you" he speaks into my ear

"I missed you too"

He lets go and sighs "You changed a lot since I left. You look so different"

I just chuckle "I have a fighters body" I laugh

He replies "I know you do" and continues " I wanted to kill that guy"

"I can fight my own battles Xaden"

"I know you can. That's why I let you say no twice to yielding before I started yelling " he sighs

"Well thank you"

The bell rings indicating curfew is about to start

We look at eachother like we never wanted to leave these four walls. There was something in his eye, the way he looked at me but I couldn't tell.

I'm about to turn and walk out but he grabs me by the waist only for him to drag the dagger up my thigh. He drags it high enough for it to hit my hip bone only for him to point the dagger to my hip, twist it and drag it back down and puts it back in its place.

He chuckles and says "you almost forgot".

I can still feel where the dagger moved, so calculus and slow up and down my leg.

" Well if I knew you were gonna pull that stunt I would have used this one" I joke and I point to the smaller dagger that is in between my breasts in its holster.

The corset does me justice, because it pushes my breasts up just enough to conceal the small dagger and its holster.

He looks and his eyes meet mine again with something new.

He coughs "You better get back before curfew begins or your wing leader won't be happy"

I laugh "well good thing you are my wing leader and I know how to deal with you when your not happy this friendship is 9 years strong, goodnight "

I spin around and walk out the door.

I hear a small laugh and then "goodnight Nora"