Chapter XX

I've been confused as of late (yeah)

Watching my youth slip away (yeah)You're like the sun,

 you wake me up But you drain me out if I get too muchI might need you or I'll break- 

Soft-core the Neighborhood

When I opened my eyes, the room was slowly starting to fill with sunlight. Both Violet on her bed in the corner and Xander in my bed, slept peacefully the murder attempt and the bounty on my head made me feel as though I was drained. 

As I slowly get out of bed and get dressed, the only thing I can think of is how I need to make a statement about how I need people to know that they cannot kill me. I might be thinking, rash or even not at all so maybe I know the bounty on my head is greater than any consequence that could be given. I slowly crept through the college. 

It was evident that people were just starting to stir awake by hearing the creeks and cracks of the hallway slowly starting to fill with murmuring voices. News gets along fast about a murder attempt as I was walking through the hallway. It's evident that people are looking at me like I have three heads. The wound on my throat just proves what everybody thought. I don't know who tried to kill me, but if I were to guess it was a girl by the way, her hair flowed out from her hood and her feminine hands by my throat. That narrows down 50% of the population at this godforsaken college.

Third person

The thing that Nora didn't know was that Xaden already had a lead. The lead was through Violet, who knew exactly who the girl was due to her being in cahoots with Dain. So he hunted her down as soon as he rolled out of bed and realized that Nora wasn't there. He and Violet were smart enough to know that now she's on a kill mission. The only thing was that Xander needed to make a show out of this girl because power comes with power and if you do not show power, you lose the power.

Back to normal

There was a crowd that started to make way at the podium as I briefly walked by. I didn't look because frankly I didn't care I just needed this girl dead. The thing that caught my attention, though, was Violet and Dane fighting as though they were ready to rip each other's heads off. I didn't notice that Xander was standing at the podium with his minions and a girl who looked way too familiar. All heads turned to me, though I was the oddball out as though I didn't belong there like I didn't hold my place or my ranking......... And now that couldn't do.

" Just in time" Xaden said, in a loud egotistical voice like he's putting on a show.

He holds power with his stance and his looks that stared into my soul, almost telling me to go along.

" Don't do it. This is BS. You know she didn't try to kill you." Dain started yelling.

The world slowly freezes, and I can only hear the murmuring. I stare at the girl trying to recognize her. No memory crosses my mind but her being a higher ranking than me and close with Dain.

Obviously so close with Dain that he is defending her right now.

I slowly make my way to Xaden and the traitor. Once I get on the high leveled area that looks down on the group I see off in the distance my Zig staring at the girl like prey.

Let me be the one to kill her Nora

But he is interrupted by another voice that pops up in my head

Nora do you understand that I respect you

Yes

Alright then remember that when I'm done and I apologize in advance for what is about to happen

I quickly look at him in question but he just nods his head as if a form of reassurance. Reassurance that I didn't need.

"In the wake of the dragon's bonding it seems like some people feel it is fit that they should have been bonded. In the middle of the night I was called by Nora Freysson in worry and distress due to a threat. When I arrived two cadiets were dead and one escaped. Make it known that you can not escape me. Whoever holds ill will to her you wish it upon me as well. Maybe some of you wish it on both of us but make it be known that the damage that is set to be done to her will be done by me to you. So I wish you all luck because killing you all would be a mere highlight in my life". 

Xaden finishes his speech but I Know what he's about to do, I know he is trying to fight the battles intended for me. I realized that as he ushered the traitor to the dragons. All eyes are on the scene before us.

In a moment of thought I grab the dagger in my boot and I throw it at the girl not enough to kill but enough to stop the walking. Xaden looks at me with anger as I destroy the plan that he created.

I released the sword that was strapped to my waist. Xaden lets her go because at this point he knows there is know stopping the ripple effect now.

Slowly I drag the sword up to the girl's neck. Xaden knows where this is going so he steps behind her and grabs a chunk of her hair and pulls it back so her head rests on his chest with her neck open to me.

In one swift sick motion her head is off her body with her blood on both me and Xaden. He drops her head and watches it land on the concrete.

We both look at her head as gasps and mumbles are heard within the crowd. I look at the group in front of me with a deadly look. I whip the blood off my sword and onto my white tanktop as I make eye contact with the group before me.

"My battles will be fought by me and only me. If you think you can win then try". It goes dead quiet as Xaden grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Nora" He Warns

"Xaden" My voice is like ice.

Violet comes running up to us " You guys are a sick and twisted couple"

I just laugh and pat Xadens chest "Can you clean this up" I say pointing down to the body. Before he can answer I am already walking away with Violet

"Nora I'm sure you don't care but that was hot" Violet says

"Why thank you Violet I try my Best" I say chuckling

"You know It looked like Xaden was either gonna pass out or fuck you right there and then"

"Yep and now your not allowed to talk anymore"

"What i'm just saying half the guys there watched in awe"

"I didn't do it to be seductive Violet I did it to send a message"

"And what message was that"

" That if they want war then have enough ball to try and do it when i'm not asleep"