Chapter VIII

"Gods dammit Violet hit me like you mean it"

"I don't want to hurt you" She just yells back

"My Father had no problem hurting your brother' I yell

And boom a punch right to the nose.

"See that's so much better we just have to get you angry" I say proudly

She just shakes her head

" How are you even friends with him" Violet accuses out of the blue

"He's my Dain. He's been there for me when know one else has. My father and mother were killed and since my father was his fathers right hand man he took me under and trained me"

Violet sighs "Do you really think he's going to kill me'

" No, because I made a promise that if anyone is killing you it's going to be me" I replied and then followed up with " Plus I already threatened him so if he knew me he wouldn't touch you."

" Why do you care so much about me" Is all she can question

As im throwing punches to the punching bag I respond " I don't like bullies, I don't like the fact he knows he has power and chooses to use it to kill you" I continue as the punches get harder with " He's a very negative man, he sees the evil in everything and everyone I won't let his anger get to you"

"How can you talk about that about your best friend" She says as she struggles to hold on to the bag and to stop it from moving

I stop punching " Because I've known him a very long time and I know how ruthless he can really be"

She nods and sighs " Thank you"

"Off course"

Clapping is heard from the corner of the room. In the shadows Xaden stands. He's been watching us this whole time analyzing us like prey.

" Don't be a creep" Is the only thing I say

Violet speaks up " I think I should go"

"STAY" Is said between me and Xaden in unison

" How would I know that My little Nora would be here" he speaks

" Because I love to defy you Sir Wing leader" I say as I bow mockingly

"Let's see what's been learned" Is all he says as he steps on the mat and takes off his shirt.

Violets mouth drops but I stay still.

"Go ahead Violet" I usher her to the mat.

They get into position and circle each other.

He's making her his prey I thought and let out an audible sigh. All I see is Xaden smirk as Violet goes for a Right hook. Only for him to catch it, twist her arm and throw her on the ground.

"A weak move" He says as she gets up and goes to kick his feet from under him only for him to grab the foot and throw her on the ground again.

He sighs and heads to get off the mat " Nora don't forget who trained you, I know all your tricks" He says as he puts his shirt back on.

I look back and see Violet still laying on the mat. She looks like she's given up.

Xaden speaks one more time before opening the door " you guys might want to get to bed before your wing leader find out"

" You are our wing leader, dip shit" I reply in a snarky tone.

" You better watch your tongue with me Nora," he says, Walking away from the door, getting up in my face and continuing " I am in charge of you. Do not have an attitude with me."

" What are you gonna do?" I state in a nasty attitude.

" Volet leave" is all he says

As I watch her pick up her stuff and leave, I see her look back at me and whispers are small "sorry"

I slowly reach to grab my dagger, but he stops me. He grabs my hands and pins them behind my back, and a swift motion, causing my back to be pressed up against his chest.

" Why do you always have to be such a pain in my ass?" he says.

"I'm starting to think you like this position and my ass" I say, and follow up with " why didn't I get an invite to the dead parent club?"

He sighs and Lets me go " because I figured that it would cause a even bigger target on your back"

He says, in a mute tone. I'm looking up at him and I see his emotion shift.

" They know about us Nora. They know that we were in the same foster home. They know that I trained you and they know that we're close"

I just sigh " you can't always protect me. You know that right sometimes I'm gonna have to go into battle by myself."

" Nora I've told you this before, and I'll tell you again I will always protect you".

" why are you gonna kill Violet" I question

" Because she is a threat she is an issue and you may not see it now and you may have a friend within her, but when push comes to shove, she will kill you"

" What are you talking about? She can't even get me on my back on the mat. How the hell is she gonna kill me? " " or better, why would she kill me?"

Xaden rubs his hand over his face " I just need you to bond to a dragon. I need you to make it to that point and I need you to be safe don't jeopardize your life for hers."

I just annoyed my head, the emotions and the look he is giving me tells me not to mess with him right now he's angry, and he speaks sternly.

" really, though you need to get to bed before your wing leader finds out you have a long day tomorrow you have sparring"

" ugh fuck alright I'm gonna head back"

We both know each other As if it's a code of agreements

Before I make It to the door he says " Nora you may be ruthless but at the end of the day I am worse don't make me show you that side of me "

I Just sigh and walk out the door.

As I walk back, I think about everything he said. Would she really kill me I thought.

I walk through the door and I get to my bunk bed quiet as possible

Violet pops her head out from the bottom bunk " you're alive" she says, in a hush laugh

" I don't die easily Violet"

She laughs " I know you don't you're a strong bitch"

This makes me laugh

" go to bed we have sparring tomorrow"

"Ughh fuck" she says almost the same way I said it a couple minutes ago

"Goodnight Violence"

"Goodnight Nor"