Chapter XVI

As I wake up because the sun is beaming on my face, I slowly turn to Xaden. He's not here when I woke up. I don't expect him to be here. It's not like he owes me anything but he's been gone for a while because it's cold on his side of the bed. I rolled out of bed and my bare feet on the cold wood floors slowly to get changed and throw his shirt off. As I get changed and re-do my hair, I look around his room and multitasking is probably the finest act I can do. Nothing stands out as I shuffle through his dresser and desk. I lace my combat shoes and I make my way out of his room down the stairs down the hallway and into breakfast. When I walk in the first person I spot is Violet with the group I quickly make my way over. Violet is the first person that sees me and her eyes widen as the rest of the group looks on.
" you're alive" is the first thing she says as I'm forced into a hug
"Not that easy to kill" Is all I say as I sigh and sit. The group talks about the dragons that they bonded with when all eyes look at me not realizing that I was next to revel in the dragon I got bonded with. Everybody knows who my dragon is but I guess they wanted to hear it from my mouth.
" the rebellion dragon his name is Zyges" is all I say as I continue looking at my plate of food.
That was when Ridoc turned and said " That's crazy. I can't believe you're going to be stuck with Xaden and Sgaeyl for life now" the whole table got quiet like he said something that everybody knew, but was told not to say.
In my hands under the table laced with my dagger where my knuckles turn white my anger is boiling over with information. I didn't know that nobody cared to tell me information that slept in the same bed as me.
"What" is all I say, in a low tone
" it's it'sSs just uhm well the dragons you knowww are ummm"
That's when Violet turned to me, speaking the word that nobody else wanted to say maybe it's because she knew I wouldn't kill her or maybe she knew I had a right to know.
"Mated their Mated"
I don't feel anything. I sit there and look at her. I clutch my dagger tightly under the table as I slowly get up and make my way over to where Xaden should be.
I see him sitting at the table on one side of him is Bodhi and the other side of him is Garrick. He doesn't see me coming and neither does his two best friends as I walk behind him, I grip his hair and pull it back and put my dagger to his throat, slowly pressing on his trachea. He looks up at me as his head tilted back with those beautiful onyx eyes that every girl falls for and with a smirk, that every girl melts at. But I am not like other girls. As he is sitting down, I have the power to be standing. I have the leverage. Both Garrick and Bodhi look at me and shock, and quickly stand up, ready to get me off of him as Garrick quickly approaches me and grabs me by the arms a low steady voice is spoken
" Don't touch her Garrick" That's all Xaden says
" she has you by the throat" Garrick to justify his actions.
Slowly, I press further down on the dagger and bring my lips to the shell of his ear.
" you didn't wanna tell me that our dragons are mated" all I say, as I slowly drag the dagger deeper to pierce his skin.
" I figured you'd find out eventually"
And in one quick move, he stood up. He quickly grabbed my wrists and turned so now my own dagger was to my throat, and my back was pressed against his.
"Nora we really got to work on this anger you hold" he says quietly in my ear so only I can hear.
Both Garrick and Bodhi are staring at us in shock as we are positioned in the middle of the dining hall with blood, dripping from our necks and daggers to throats.
" we have to be more civilized than this" Garrick says
" tell that to princess over here" Bodhi says
I quickly turn and look at them, not even flinching as the dagger cuts my skin. Xaden flinches and lightens up on the pressure.
" watch your mouth I will kill you both" is all I can say before the deep husky voice that is behind me speaks.
"And I won't stop her"
He slowly releases me, and as I quickly step back from him, he looks me directly in the eyes
" Do you want to talk about this somewhere private?"
" I have training to do".
Is all I say, as I quickly grab the dagger that is now covered in a mixture of mine in his blood out of his hand.
That is not before he quickly grabs my wrist and pulls me so that he can whisper in my ear
"Gods Nora I always love a girl who can kill me"
" well, maybe you should find better taste"
I say, harshly as I walk away and follow Violet in the group to the training yard.