Chapter XV

A royal name was not something I enjoyed having. I knew that the name Freysson and my alliance with Fen would cause me my life. I am proud to announce that my wife is pregnant. She is due any day. It brings me great hope seeing that Fen has Xaden. It makes me feel as though the rebellion will not end. I know their lives will be hard and they will need to fight for the throne but I can only hope that they will use each other's strengths and lead the kingdom to the rebellion. I also hope that one of them spill General Sorrengails blood. I hope their sword takes away her breath. She will be the cause of my dismay; she will only ever be as weak as her scribe husband. May the rebellion lead on. May the rebels cause war

— A archived document from Cade Freysson

I feel as though I am on a soft mattress with a heavy weight on my chest. I can hear constant beeping as though my body is in a rhythm. I slowly open my eyes and the first thing I see is a white ceiling with florescent lights. I automatically know where I am and I jolt. I turn and see Nolan over me.

"Nora you have to relax, okay you have been in a coma for 4 Days your body is weak.

4 days I thought that's long.

As I look around my eyes land on the onyx eyes that were the last thing I saw 4 Days ago. He's sitting on the visitor's chair with his bed head. He looks like he's been through hell. But as soon as our eyes meet there is a sense of relief that washes away all of his worry.

"Gods Nora you scared me" He says getting up and moving so he's sitting on the infirmary bed with his fingers running threw my hair

"I'm not that weak Xaden " I say as I rest my head as he brushes my hair with his fingers.

Nolan speaks up " Listen Nora you lost a lot of blood. You need to take it easy for the next few days until you regain your strength. Your chest wound I was able to heal with no scaring but the impact sight where you were hit the deepest will leave a mark."

As he says that I suddenly feel the pressure of the Bandages on my chest

"When can I fight again"

Nolan Sighs "You really need to take a few Days off Nora"

I'm about to argue but Xaden Speaks up first " Nolan I don't think you understand she is bonded to the rebellion dragon there is going to be cadets that want her dead so they can bond with the Dragon"

I turn my head quickly to him completely forgetting about Zyges.

"Well Xaden then you better be there to make sure that doesn't happen" Is all Nolan says as he leaves the room.

I sigh as I start to get out of bed. I notice Xaden moving to sit back down in the chair.

"Um excuse me sir I need to get dressed" I speak in an aggressive tone hoping that he catches the hint.

He just sits there and smirks "I'm not leaving you unarmed and defenseless when there are people that are out to kill you"

I look at him with a dumb found expression

" your kidding me"

"No Nora I'm not and Besides I've seen it before just get dressed"

Now I'm pissed but I don't think he cares. As I stand out of bed with a navy blue gown on I look one more time at him and he's looking at the ceiling.

I turn so my back is facing him and slowly reach and pull the gown over my head as the cold air nips my skin. I pull on my leather pants as I feel the heat of his eyes on my skin. I reach for my sports bra...