Chapter XII

In the corner is where Xaden gets his ass beat. I punch, I kick, and as I'm about to whip out one of my daggers, he grabs both my hands and presses me up against the wall. My back can feel the wall as he rests his body weight against my chest.

" If you wanna fight me, Nora, that's fine, take all your anger out on me, but we will not do it in public either go to the sparring room or you go to my room. I will not have you make a scene".

" I'm gonna kill you" is all I can say in an angry, yet hurt tone as I go in to hit his chest again.

" That's it" it's all he says as he flings me over his shoulder even though I'm still punching his back and huffs me all the way to his room. We get plenty of looks, but I don't think he cares.

When we made it to his room, he slammed the door closed and locked it, and then threw me on the bed.

" what the fuck is going on Nora"

" you you're my problem" I say, as I lay on his bed, there's no point in physically fighting I thought he was just disarm me

I think long and hard about how I will handle this. My best thought is to scream and yell and let him know that I know. But the other side is to play the smart game, continue the façade and let him believe I know nothing.

"Talk to me Nora"

"What happen if I don't get a bonded to a dragon" The first thing that comes to my mind "I'm a royal bitch Xaden and any dragon that looks at me will determine that"

"Nora you will be fine Tomorrow when you do the walk through keep the same confidence that you hold everywhere else '' He lays down on the bed and it takes everything in my power to restrain myself from strangling him. But I want to see how long It will take for him to tell me and how he plans to do it. That will give me enough time to figure a way out of this.

"I'm physically tired," I say as I sink into his bed more. He just chuckles and moves so that my head rests on his chest.

"I know you are," He says as he rubs my back.

We mumble little words back and forth with each other and eventually fall asleep.

Violets POV

As we all make our way to the bunkbeds me and Rhiannon fall behind the group.

"Where is Nora, she should be back by now" Rhiannon spoke in a worried whisper.

"Me and you both seen Xaden throw her over his shoulder and huffed away and disappeared I'm sure that he is trying to calm her down he's her best friend and you know how explosive Nora is"

"I hope she's okay and he's not being a dick to her. Xaden will always be Xaden"

I just shake my head. Rhiannon doesn't know about anything that's going on and she's not going to.

"Rhiannon me and you both know Xaden is a completely different person when he is dealing with Nora. He would never be the one to cause her any type of harm. I can promise you she is fine, She is probably safer with him wherever they might be then her with us right now"

"Do you think that they're together? Like maybe their hiding it which is understandable but you cant deny they way he looks at her"

I just sigh and nod my head " She hot half of the guys here are into her but I think that he looks at her with so much more than just lust."

Rhiannon chuckles a little " she's so oblivious"

"Yes she is"

As we make it to bed and prepare for sleep Rhiannon speaks one more time "You sure you think she's safe"

It brings me comfort knowing that she cares so much about us.

"Do you want to go see if we can find her"

Her face lights with a sign of relief "Yes that's the only way i'll be able to sleep"

I chuckle and we both sneak out of the dorming room. We follow the light of the hallway and make our way through the college. There are no signs of life anywhere. As we continue to make our way down the left hall quietly we hear footsteps. If in one quick motion we hide within the shadows.

Xaden makes his way down the hallway that we just walked and makes his way towards us. As if he can sense us he stops a few feet away.

"You know that curfew has begun Sorrengail and Matthias" we step out from the shadows.

" we could say the same for you"

"I'm on duty tonight to petrol the halls" He says with an attitude as he crosses his arms and his jaw clenches.

Wow he's hot. I never realized just how hot he was until now I thought.

"Where's Nora?" Is all I can muster up saying to him.

He shifts a little growing annoyed "You came out to find her" He questions.

"Yes we haven't seen her since you threw her over your shoulder and disappeared" I sass back

"You think I hurt her" He responds getting even more angry

"No telling what your capable of Riorson" I see in the light and shadows that his jaw is clenched to the point it looks like it may snap. I can feel Rhiannon shift next to me, obviously uncomfortable.

"Well cadet Sorrengail not that it should be any of your concern but she is up in my room sleeping". But he wasn't done He takes to big steps forward so he's almost next to me "Do not ever question my intentions with that girl up stairs, I will burn this place down and a flame wouldnt lick her skin" "She might have found a friend in you two but remember the relic that is Etched on her skin is from your mother and every time I see it on her skin I want to kill you".

He speaks in a hard tone and begins to walk away before turning around "You two must get to bed before punishment for Deviance will get enforced" He speaks one last time continuing his hall duty.

Me and Rhiannion look at eachother one last time before scurrying away. We only speak when we know we are out of hearing range. We look at eachother at the same time and speak "Hot" "He loves her" We both do a double take.
Rhiannion looks at me and laughs " He just threatened you and you think that that's hot"

I jump in " he just threatened us Nora's friends and you think he loves her"

Rhiannon just sighs " That just Solidified that he loves her"

We mumble back and forth till we reach our sleeping chambers and sneak into bed.

Nora POV

I feel the bed shift as if someone's climbing in but I make no movement once I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his chest.I sink in and soak up the warmth. He kisses my neck and mutters

"What am I going to do with you my Nora?" He said something else but I did not catch it because I sank back into my sleep.