Project Scorn VHS tape #3

The sound of a VHS tape being inserted was heard before we see the screen flashed to reveal Dr Ethan Saldon.

"Log number 14. In relation: SC-87, the final product of Project Scorn. It has officially been 6 weeks since introducing SC-87 to the Sentinels and all of our attempts to boost its social self esteem have been proven futile. All of our attempts to make it comfortable had ended in failure. I thought we would be left with no choice but to rewire its code from scratch."

Dr Saldon then plugs the camera to the computer with a cable.

"That is until I saw this. Take a look."

He presses a key on the keyboard, immediately showing surveillance footage of a worker drone with purple hair and purple eyes talking to a six blue eyed robot Spinosaurus as the two were sat down beside each other.

"It shows test subject 002, Nori, talking to SC-87 who seems to be interested in whatever she's saying. This security footage was taken a week ago. It would seem that somewhere in between itsintroduction to the Sentinels and now, SC-87 has been corresponding with 002, somewhat comfortable with 002's presence, despite being completely different automatons. After seeing this, I have looked through multiple security feeds and found more social sessions just like this. Here are a few examples."

We are then shown surveillance footage of SC-87 and Nori sleeping on the bed in the latter’s room, with the Spinosaur Sentinel resting its head on her lap as the Solver user gently stroked its head.

The next footage shows Nori rambling on about something to SC-87 as she shows something on a presentation flip board, though with the footage's low resolution, it was hard to tell what she’s actually showing the Sentinel.

It then shows the latest footage of Nori and SC-87, the two of them resting as they gazed to the ceiling.

"This is the only footage with audio."

"You know, bud... Sometimes I think about what it's like out there in the the outside world and not here as the humans'... guinea pig for their experiments. To find out what exactly this thing even is."

Nori slowly raises her hand towards the ceiling and flexed her fingers, the Solver glyph flashing into existence.

"I just can't help but think that I could be more than what the humans want me to be... kind like you."

SC-87'S glowing blue gaze shifted towards the purple-eyed worker with a soft growl of curiosity, as if wondering about the meaning behind her words.

"I mean, the other Sentinels are just watchdogs created for the sole purpose of keeping us all in line. But you? Whenever I talk to you and how you respond, it feels like I'm talking to an actual person and not just some mechanical warden that mindlessly follow their programming." Nori explained as she turns her head towards SC-87 with a soft smile.

"You sir are something special; something more than what the humans intended you to be, far more than you realise. And... I'm glad to have you as my friend."

SC-87 rumbles softly as it tilts its head at Nori. The footage ends before it goes back to showing Dr Saldon.

"I find this security footage very intriguing; not only has SC-87 formed a kinship with 002, but she believes there is something inside SC-87 that we're not seeing. Something more to the Sentinel than meets the eye. Seems I need to study SC-87 more closely in order to confirm it. End of log." Dr Saldon concluded before he reaches for the camera.

The video log ends.