𝟶𝟸𝟶 || 𝚁𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎. . .

How long has it been? Weeks? Months? Time is just a meaningless concept to her, but damn, doesn't it make her think.

Y/N finally got used to the life in the mansion, it was peaceful at least. Most were just the proxies of the Slender Man, and some other killers who decide to barge in at the mansion whenever they want. At least they can be considered as visitors, and they're quite fun to talk to since the proxies are understandably reserved to themselves.

They even got themselves into a routine. First thing is wake up, wait for Eyeless Jack to wake up if he hasn't - which is rare - since the two of them likes to do things together. Or it's more of Eyeless Jack want to make up on the lost time the two had to bond after his "mother" fled the realm with his sister. The next thing mostly consists on them separately getting ready for the day which ends up mostly in deciding what clothes to wear. Since one of the Slender Man's "brothers" kindly gave extra clothes to it for the extra people now living in the mansion, there's now a wide variety of clothing Y/N can wear.

She was used to only wearing a white hospital gown, or some spare kimonos or yukatas the facility had, but in the mansion, the clothing varied from western - mostly American - clothing. Y/N is a bit disappointed that she couldn't find anything that is close to any of her usual clothing, but at least now she can make multiple combinations using herself and her brother as the model.

"Those are just some clothing my "brother" does not like. Leftovers if you will." - The Slender Man

Next on the agenda will be making their own breakfast. People in the mansion had varying tastes, and just after three days, meals were stopped being prepared for the "Freeloaders", that's what Ticci Toby refers to them as. But, at least the Slender Man was decent enough to leave food for them to use in a separate fridge. Or they could just go to the walk in freezer because that's usually where their food is stored.

This was also the time where Y/N really doesn't have to do anything. She doesn't know how to cook, but luckily enough, Eyeless Jack does so he mostly handles the kitchen duties. The most Y/N does to help is to follow his instructions on some small tasks that he can't do since he can be focused on other things. He made sure to teach Y/N though how to cook for herself, he doesn't want to cook breakfast or their meals every time, plus, he misses his naps and got quite used to it. Problem is, he likes his naps during lunch.

And so, he teaches Y/N how to cook so he can take naps. Sure, he worries over her and she has little to no knowledge over combat, but her instincts should suffice for now. Plus, he knows she won't wander out into the woods, along with the Slender Man strictly prohibiting violence against its "guests". And the demon inside her - that he has no idea what the name is since he can't really get into her subconscious - would have a field day ravaging the poor soul that decides to attack Y/N.

After eating, the two would then just do whatever, it mostly consists of reading at the library or Eyeless Jack teaching Y/N about some knowledge on her species. He doesn't know much about Zalgoids, but with the Slender Man's library, it was much more easier to do so. He's aware that she's a canbog as well, but those details will be for a later day. He's also been doing his own research as well on his preferences. Mostly on medicine, research - such as dissection and surgeries - and some myths as well.

Y/N would also be doing her own research, but mostly on different animals and species. She doesn't focus on her own species, but also on other species such as her brother's or the Slender Man's. Although, there were some that had little information attached, she made sure to try and remember all of that. She's also been reading things related to witchcraft, myths and rituals. A complete opposite to her brother who reads mostly about "logical" knowledge.

After that, it would then be their time to have a nap. This is what was meant when Eyeless Jack loves his naps. He and Y/N takes a nap and when lunch rolls by, he cooks something up, eat then sleep. By that time, he sleeps for about 3 - 4 hours. Glad that no one can disturb him now for some silly tests or experiments.

Then that would just leave Y/N alone with herself, she rarely joins her brother on her naps, so on those times she just explores the mansion or talk with the people living there. She made quite a friendship with The Chaser, The Prowler, and The Basher. Both The Chaser and The Prowler seems to be fond of her, happily helping her out in things related to what can be considered as "normal girl things", The Basher is just there to tag along and to be with The Prowler most of the time. The three also happily helps her on learning some combat skills and enhancing some of her abilities. Since Eyeless Jack doesn't seem to mind anyways, just happy his sister isn't bored, they continued to do so.

The Chaser mostly trains Y/N on things relating to speed and stamina. Helping the "young" demon to be faster which wasn't much of a problem, it seems. Y/N surprisingly has most of her strength on her lower body rather than upper, helping her on running and whenever they play "tag", she's the fastest of all of them with The Chaser being a far second to her.

The Prowler helps Y/N mostly on stealth, the "older" woman also tries teaching the demon on how to mimic animal sounds from time to time. So far, Y/N isn't good with stealth, her footsteps are so easily heard whenever she walks or runs, and at times her moves are predictable as well. Her thoughts seemingly connecting to her eyes since she always looks around first before doing something, leaving her predictable. The good parts on her stealth though is that her breath is hardly detected, even with the keen sense of hearing the three proxies had, they have a hard times hearing hers. Along with that, she'll be slow, but she can muffle down her steps at least, so that's where The Prowler mainly focus on fixing.

As for The Basher, he mostly keeps track on the progress Y/N has been making along with making sure to keep everyone in synchronized schedule but at the times where he can teach Y/N it's mostly on weapon handling and defense. The Basher helps Y/N mostly on melee weapons, specifically a bat since it's what he calls the "safest" option. In reality, he just doesn't wanna walk back and forth from the armory to get the needed weapons.

After training with them, Eyeless Jack would then usually be awake and would make a snack for Y/N and the three proxies after their "playdate" as he calls it. Usually consisting of whatever clean water there is and some lazily made sandwiches. Something that The Basher always tease Eyeless Jack over, the human man saying that he can make better sandwiches. But when asked to make one, The Basher said in reply: "Nahh, I don't want to break your small pride."

A squabble happened by then, and it still continuous till this day. From what the girls know, Eyeless Jack once tried out The Basher's sandwiches, and now there's a rivalry between the two relating on sandwiches.

« ••• »

"Hey, Jack, can I ask you something?" Y/N said, entering their shared room after finishing on brushing her teeth from the connected bathroom, her brother casually sketching something on a book on his bed. Not looking up, Eyeless Jack hummed as a signal for her to continue, "Have you been hearing a low pitched ringing lately? I've been getting it for quite some time already and I don't know if it's just me."

"How long have you been hearing it?" Eyeless Jack asked, looking up from his book, "And to answer your question, at times. I've also been hearing a ringing lately but it fades after 10 to 15 minutes. It's annoying though." he answered as Y/N nods her head at that, "Okay, same. But for me, I think it takes more of 15 to 20 minutes before it fades. And I've been hearing it since. . . The yesterday of yesterday." she answered his question next.

Eyeless Jack just hummed, "Must be a connection or something. Oh well, if we're both hearing it and are both perfectly fine as I can see, it's probably just nothing. Maybe something just happened at the Under Realm or something. Don't worry too much on it." he said while continuing his drawing. Y/N wanted to say something, but seeing that her brother was focused on other matters, she didn't try to disturb him anymore and just nod her head, "Alright. . ."

« ••• »

I wonder what the ringing could mean...