9. Echoes of Longing

I said I wouldn't update for a while, but as I was reading my notes on Attachment Anxiety, and ambivalence, it hit me how much Seokjin and Jungkook's situations relate to it. So, here we are.

°°°°

Seated gracefully at the table, Seokjin cast an appreciative gaze over the delicate pink decorations adorning the surroundings before turning his attention back to Jungkook, who regarded him with an endearing expression akin to that of a devoted puppy.

"Why pink?" Seokjin inquired, his curiosity piqued. Jungkook straightened his posture, clearing his throat before responding, "It's your favorite color," he stated simply. Seokjin was taken aback by the revelation, a swirl of emotions stirring within him. Tilting his head slightly, he questioned, "You noticed?" There was a hint of wonder in his voice.

Jungkook chuckled softly, his eyes softening as he gazed at Seokjin. "It's hard not to notice, Hyung. Pink seems to accompany you effortlessly in every aspect," he remarked, his words laced with gentle sincerity. Seokjin felt a blush creep onto his cheeks at the realization of how openly he had displayed his fondness for the color.

As if attuned to Seokjin's unease, Jungkook subtly shifted his chair closer, moving to sit beside him. With a tender gesture, he drew Seokjin's chair nearer, causing a flutter of anticipation to stir in Seokjin's stomach. "Hyung, your fondness for pink is endearing, there's no need to feel embarrassed," Jungkook reassured him, intertwining their hands with a reassuring touch.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the surroundings, a few servants arrived bearing trays laden with delectable dishes. With graceful movements, they arranged the feast upon the table, their silent efficiency a testament to their dedication to service. With a respectful bow, they departed, leaving Seokjin and Jungkook alone in their secluded haven.

Seokjin's eyes sparkled with appreciation as he gazed upon the spread before them, each dish a work of culinary art. "Shall we partake before the delicacies grow cold?" Jungkook suggested, his voice a gentle melody in the tranquil evening air. With care, he used his right hand to serve Seokjin as his left hand tenderly clasping Seokjin's right hand.

"But we indulged in snacks not long ago," Seokjin remarked, a playful twinkle in his eye. Jungkook's expression softened, a hint of amusement dancing in his gaze. "That was but a fleeting moment, and since then, we have journeyed here together," he explained, his tone laced with fondness. Seokjin's laughter echoed softly, a melodic sound that warmed Jungkook's heart. "If you insist," he conceded with a gentle smile, his words infused with warmth and affection, eliciting a proud grin from Jungkook.

As they sat together, hand in hand, Seokjin felt a newfound sense of trust blooming within him, like a fragile flower unfurling its petals to the warmth of the sun. In Jungkook's presence, he sensed a steady reliability, a comforting strength that beckoned him to lower the walls around his heart.

It was a moment of revelation for Seokjin, a realization that he could gradually unveil the layers of his soul to Jungkook, allowing their bond to deepen with each shared confession and intimate conversation. In Jungkook's eyes, he saw the promise of understanding and acceptance, qualities he had longed for since the loss of Taehyung.

For the first time since their union, Seokjin found himself viewing Jungkook not just as a companion, but as a true Alpha, a pillar of support and stability amidst the tumult of emotions that had plagued him. In Jungkook's embrace, he felt a flicker of the same spark that had ignited his heart when he first met Taehyung, a glimmer of hope amidst the shadows of his past.

Seokjin's cheeks flushed as he gently teased, "How am I to eat if you insist on holding my hand?" Jungkook's initial protest was met with a playful pout from Seokjin, prompting him to reluctantly release his grasp.