18. Kisses

Seokjin and Jungkook were settled on the bed, with Seokjin sitting upright against the headboard to support his back, while Jungkook rested his head in his mate's lap. Seokjin gently ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair, their eyes meeting in a serene moment. Just twenty-four hours ago, Seokjin was ensnared by Eunho's captivity, but now he found solace in the presence of his Alpha. Jungkook's comforting vanilla scent enveloped him, easing his troubled mind.

Contentedly sighing, Jungkook opened his eyes to gaze at the Omega, marveling at his beauty. He never imagined he would have such a stunning mate and an impending pup. His life had always revolved around his art until Namjoon entered his life last year. Although he cherished Namjoon, he realized now that their connection lacked long-term vision. With Seokjin, however, everything felt different, as if he had finally found his true partner.

"What are you pondering, Yeobo?" Jungkook broke the silence, prompting Seokjin to turn his head and offer a smile. "Just feeling tired, nothing more," Seokjin replied. Upon hearing this, Jungkook rose from his position. "Then lie down," he suggested, tapping his lap. "Rest your head here."

Though hesitant, Seokjin declined, insisting he was fine. Yet Jungkook persisted, his heart pounding with anticipation. "Come on, Yeobo," he urged softly.

Seokjin couldn't resist the innocence in his mate's eyes, so he relented, laying his head on Jungkook's lap. Jungkook's grin widened at the sight, his teeth resembling that of a bunny, which Seokjin found utterly adorable. Jungkook's hand moved from Seokjin's hair to his shoulders, where he began to massage them gently. Seokjin closed his eyes, feeling the tension melt away as Jungkook's fingers worked their magic, focusing on the areas that ached the most, eliciting a contented moan from Seokjin.

The Alpha's heart raced as he heard Seokjin's soft moans. He couldn't believe how easily he was getting aroused, especially with his Rut approaching. Yet, he was unsure how to broach the topic with his Omega. Would it be fair to ask Seokjin to accompany him during his Rut when they hadn't yet been intimate? He didn't want Seokjin to mark him when his judgment was clouded by his instincts. Instead, he wants his Omega to mark him when they are both fully present and clear-headed.

Jungkook struggled to find the right words, feeling his tongue-tied, he wonders how he is the King. However, Seokjin's sweet voice broke through his thoughts, drawing his attention. "Kook," the Omega began, prompting Jungkook to respond, "Yes, Yeobo?"

"We've taken a break, and it's quite relaxing, but I can't shake the feeling that there's still so much work to be done, and I'm neglecting my responsibilities," Seokjin confessed, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment. Jungkook chuckled softly and ran his fingers through Seokjin's hair. "You may take my place, at this point," he suggested, his heart pounding as he struggled to contain his desire to keep kissing his Omega.

Seokjin pondered for a moment before speaking again, "I think I prefer my position as your mate," he said casually, but the words filled Jungkook with pride, swelling his chest with a sense of accomplishment.

Then, Seokjin's expression turned serious as he got up from Jungkook's lap to face him. "Kook, I know our honeymoon phase hasn't quite ended yet," he began, "However, I truly miss my Mother. Can I go meet her soon?" he asked, his eyes wide with anticipation.

Jungkook wanted to scoff at the notion of their honeymoon phase, knowing it had been far from idyllic due to his own neglect and the interference of his Mother and Eunho. Despite this, he managed a smile before replying, "Of course, you need not ask my permission." Seokjin's face lit up with happiness as he hugged Jungkook tightly, whispering a heartfelt "Thank you" as his breath brushed against Jungkook's unmarked neck, which now yearned for the Omega's bite.