17. Intertwine

Seokjin tenderly placed chamomile flowers beside the container holding Taehyung's ashes, which rested among the shelves where the remains of former Kings were kept, as was the tradition.

Taehyung's memory would forever hold a cherished place in his heart. The joy Taehyung brought him, the love they shared - it was irreplaceable. Taehyung's death has left him with a void in his heart, a void that his Alpha is filling in, slowly but surely.

As tears welled in his eyes, Seokjin reminisced about Taehyung, his first best friend, first love, first kiss, and so much more. The pain of his loss was still raw, but now he had Jungkook by his side, offering comfort and support.

"Tae was everything to me," Seokjin confessed, his voice catching with emotion. "I can't put into words how much I loved him, how much he meant to me. I just hope he's at peace, wherever he is," he whispered, his heart heavy with longing for his lost love.

Jungkook gently held Seokjin's hand, his touch a soothing balm amidst the grief. "Sometimes, I wonder if I had been less stubborn, maybe things would have been different," Jungkook admitted, his voice tinged with regret as tears streamed down his cheeks.

Seokjin reached out to wipe away Jungkook's tears, his own sorrow evident. "It's not your fault," he reassured, leaning his head against Jungkook's shoulder for solace.

Jungkook turned to face Seokjin, offering a tight-lipped smile before pressing a kiss to the back of Jin's hand. "I have a small gift for you and Hyung," he announced, prompting Seokjin to tilt his head in curiosity. "A gift?" Seokjin echoed, his interest piqued as Jungkook nodded before briefly departing from the shrine.

Upon his return, Jungkook carried a canvas wrapped in a white cloth. Seokjin gasped, a realization dawning upon him. "Kook," he murmured, unable to find the words to express his emotions.

With a gentle flourish, Jungkook unveiled the canvas, revealing a painting capturing Taehyung seated upon the throne, with Seokjin standing proudly by his side, enveloped in Taehyung's protective embrace. Both figures wore radiant smiles, their joy immortalized in the artwork.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Seokjin's tears flowed freely as he beheld the poignant depiction of his past love. His heart ached for Taehyung, yet a profound sense of gratitude swelled within him for Jungkook, his present companion, his Alpha.

"Thank you," Seokjin whispered, his fingers tracing the contours of the painting. "I can't express my gratitude enough for this," he confessed, his touch lingering upon Taehyung's visage.

Jungkook shook his head, his expression earnest. "I have been working on this for awhile now. There are countless portraits of Hyung as the King, but none capturing the essence of his bond with you, the most significant person in his life," he explained, his voice filled with sincerity and understanding.

After savoring every detail of the painting, Seokjin wiped away his tears and beamed at his Alpha. "Thank you. I hope you'll create one of us together," he expressed, though his cheeks flushed with shyness, his ears tinged with a rosy hue.

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat at Seokjin's words, his eyes widening with happiness and pride. "Of course," he agreed, relinquishing the canvas to a guard. A mischievous smirk played on his lips as he trailed his fingers along Seokjin's hand, intertwining their fingers firmly. Leaning in close, he whispered into his Omega's ear, "It will be a far more intimate one, yeobo" eliciting a wide-eyed reaction from Seokjin.

Feeling the heat rise in his body, Seokjin pushed Jungkook lightly, a playful pout forming on his lips. "Enough of your teasing," he scolded, though a hint of amusement danced in his eyes, causing Jungkook to chuckle in response.