cigarette

video games - lana del rey 

☆☾

The end of September is approaching and is slowly giving way to the colors of autumn. Hogwarts is becoming a decor coming straight out of a book, surrounded by the forest dotted with orange, red and yellow.

The atmosphere could have been pleasant and delectable if the escape of the well-known Sirius Black had not spoiled it all. The thin, long shadows of the dementors darken the stones of the building as well as everyone's mood.

Sitting in one of the interior courtyards, Olivia begins reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. She is enjoying her lunch break here. Usually, she prefers to leave the castle and go to the forest, near a little-known corner of the lake, but going out has become more and more difficult at Hogwarts. So Olivia settles for the small wooden bench eaten away by time, and the few trees that protect her from the shy sun. Fortunately, this courtyard is rather quiet.

Olivia raises her head listening to the sound of footsteps on the few leaves that have already fallen. She smiled shyly when she saw Professor Mcgonagall and her witch's hat.

Professor McGonagall has always liked Olivia. She knows her history and also knew her parents well. She has always been kind to her, despite her lack of rigor, her laxity and her inattentiveness in class. Unlike Flitwick who constantly has Olivia in his sights, and who reminds her all the time how much she doesn't deserve to wear the blue uniform. Olivia has learned not to worry about it anymore.

"Hello Professor, how are you? Did you have a great summer?" asks the brunette, closing her book.

"Mademoiselle Marat," she greets. "I'm afraid it hasn't been a very relaxing holiday, but thank you. What about you? I heard you spent August at Weasley's."

"That's right," Olivia replies. "Mrs. Weasley was extremely kind to let me stay. It gets very complicated living with Nanny for too long, you see."

"You see me deeply sorry, my dear" said McGonnagall with a soft voice. "Still reading, I see?"

Olivia raises her hand and shakes her book, looking guilty. McGonaggall looks almost sorry at the young woman.

"You're extremely talented, Olivia. I know it. If you'd spent all this time studying, you'd probably even be first in your house. Don't waste it, please."

Olivia was waiting for his remark. She lowers her head. She knows that coming from McGonagall, it's nothing but concern and affection. She cares about herself and her future.

For all answers, she smiled having no other appropriate words. McGonagall greets her and leaves. Maybe her teacher was right? Maybe she should start working?

Olivia shakes her head, puts her book in her bag and heads off to her afternoon classes. The day ends with the DADA class. Olivia always feels weird before this one. She almost can't wait to attend it, which is a first for her entire schooling. But she deeply knows that it is not for the content of the lessons, but for the person who teaches them.

Classes over the last two weeks have been rather calm. Lupin seems to leave her alone with her reading, but she has noticed the few glances thrown in her direction. Olivia is almost waiting for the day when he will give her an hour of detention.

But nothing. For now. Just glances. Almost stolen.

And she still feels the same way since the first day his eyes fell on her. Her skin burns under his gaze.