The Patronus Charm

washing machine heart - mitski 

☆☾

Diagon Alley has never been more noisy and crowded than this time of August. Only a few days before returning to Hogwarts, everyone has agreed to come and buy new school supplies.

Leaning next to a sign, Remus' jacket on her shoulders, Olivia carefully surveys her surroundings. She was assigned with Hagrid and Tonks to watch over the high street, and most importantly, to watch over Harry and his friends.

Hands in her pockets, her eyes scan the crowd, looking for the slightest suspicious thing. After the events at the Ministry, Harry's safety became the most important thing to the Order. Tonks comes to sit next to her and takes out a cigarette. She exhales deeply before putting her hands in her pockets too.

"I checked the upper side of the street, everything is ok."

Olivia nods.

"I hope your little escapade with Lupin earned you a good fuck because you really scared us, Liv'", adds Tonks, half-smiling.

A smile appears on Olivia's red lips. She opened her mouth to respond, but Tonks was quicker.

"So, what is it between you two?" She takes a drag of her cigarette.

Olivia feels a blush rising in her cheeks just thinking about the night and the day she spent with Remus. No war or dangers threatening them, just them, their company, the half-murmured words, the knowing looks, the cigarettes shared by the fire, the wind in their hair, the caresses of the fingertips and the kisses on the neck.

She didn't know how to respond to that.

What was it between them?

Was she really capable of describing what was happening between Remus and her?

No, she couldn't.

Because it is too strong, too inexplicable, impossible to truly unravel and understand.

It's so strong that it could almost be forbidden.

But was this really reasonable, in the middle of a war against the strongest wizard in the magical world? To feel something so strong, almost providential.

She takes a deep breath. "I don't know. But I don't think there's any need to put it into words."

Olivia stands up and turns to her friend. "I'll say hello to the two idiots, I'll be back."

She hurries on to Fred and George's shop. It was overflowing with people. Far too crowded, noisy and stimulating for Olivia, who tries as best she can to make her way among the laughing children.

"Look who has the honor of paying us a visit," says George, readjusting the bow tie to his suit.

"Wouldn't that be our lovely Olivia?" Fred, arms crossed, leans against the wall.

"Look at you, all fancy and everything," she says, raising an eyebrow.

"It's important to be attractive," replies Fred.

"For the customers," adds George with a wink.

Olivia rolls her eyes. "This is not a suitable place for a lady. Much too noisy and smelly."

"You don't yet know how to appreciate the magic of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes," Fred adds. "But it will come, don't worry."

After exchanging a few more banalities, Olivia finally walked out. She was so happy that the twins could finally make their dream come true. They run the shop like professionals and even Molly had to admit it. She said she was happy that they weren't home all the time anymore, but deep down, she misses them every day.