Diana's scarf

take a slice - glass animals 

 ☆☾

"Happy Birthday to the best best friend ever!" shouts Mona who throws herself on Olivia's bed. The brunette gets up instantly and squints at the daylight. She closes her eyes and closes the curtains that Roger had just opened using wandless magic.

"Come on, wake up! We have a present for you."

Seeing that Olivia buries her head deeper into her cushion, Mona chooses the hard way. She takes off the blanket, grabs a pillow and hits Olivia with it. Roger watches, amused, from the other side of the bed.

"Alright, alright, I'm up," Olivia shouts, her hair disheveled, to make Mona stop.

Despite her horrible awakening, Olivia can't help but smile when she sees her two friends bringing a small muffin topped with a candle, softly singing the muggle song. They approach her and at the end of the song, Olivia is about to blow but Roger stops her.

"You have to make a wish, first."

What would Olivia, at just nineteen years old, want more than anything, right there, at this moment? Succeed in NEWT? She couldn't care less. Knowing what she's going to be able to do with her life when school ends in two months? No, not that.

She thinks of him. Remus Lupin. Could he be her wish ? 

As she blows out the candle, her two friends applaud happily. Roger takes a small package from behind his back and waves it in front of her.

"You shouldn't have, you know I don't care about my birthday-"

"Shhh. Open it and enjoy," Mona says, her eyes sparkling.

Olivia rolls her eyes and tears up the hastily made wrapping paper. She recognizes Davies well on this one. Inside is a smaller box. Olivia opens it and comes face to face with a gold pendant in the shape of a drop of water. She opens it delicately and a photo of the three friends is inside. Behind, engraved, the initials of their three names.

"We know that you don't really like gifts without thought behind them, so we racked our brains to find this for you, to find something that matches the person you are, Livie," explains Mona. "Because today we have the chance to celebrate the person and friend that you are."

Olivia's eyes fill with tears and she wipes her cheek with the back of her hand. Since Rose's death, they are the only two who wish her birthday every year, even though she no longer feels like celebrating it. She feels so happy to have them by her side.

She holds the pendant against her heart and looks at her two friends. "I love you so much," she says before they crush her in a hug.

"Here, let me," Roger said softly before grabbing the pendant and hanging it around her neck. "Perfect."

"Thank you, for everything. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I know, everyone tells me that," Mona replies, jumping out of bed. "Anyway, enough feelings, we have a trip to Hogsmeade to go!"

Roger and Mona leave Olivia to get ready, who quickly joins them in the common room. They leave the castle arm in arm. On this Sunday, April 14, the sun warms their skin, the wind blows in their hair, and life is beautiful.

☆☾

"What do you think of this one?" Mona asks, showing a dress to Olivia, who sighs. Gladrags Wizardwear is crowded with seventh-years desperately trying to find a suitable outfit for the end-of-year dinner with the teachers.