december blues

dracula teeth -  the last shadow puppets

☆☾

For you I will play with anything.

Two weeks have passed since that evening in London. Slouching on her bed, Olivia looks out at the starry night. The moonbeams light up her room and keep her awake. The nights have been short since that night. Olivia finds it impossible to fall asleep, still too upset since.

She could almost still feel his hand around her neck, his lips brushing against hers, his scent wafting through the room, his breath against her neck, his words almost whispered.

Olivia runs her fingers delicately against her lips. Above all, what prevents her from sinking into the arms of Morpheus is this lack that he creates in her. She has felt it from the beginning but every moment spent together, every word exchanged, every look shared, every time their hands brush, the lack grows inside her, leaving a gaping hole that she desperately needs to fill.

Olivia didn't know what to think about this evening. What was he doing here? What was the coincidence? Why did he leave like a thief, without saying a word? She smiles to herself when she remembers how he punched the guy.

But above all, she wonders, what will happen to them? Can she talk about "them"?

They haven't spoken in two weeks. Except for intense glances exchanged in class or between the corridors, nothing. Is what they maintain reasonable?

But it's so tempting. And so hard to resist.

The next morning, Olivia sits across from Roger in the library. She is greeted with a big smile. The two have gotten into the habit of choosing the table furthest back, near the large window overlooking the forest. The fireplace wasn't far away, so they decided it was their spot.

She takes out her things, before realizing that they consist of three or four loose sheets of paper. Olivia sighs.

"What's the point of studying? The NEWTs are in a few months and I have no notes, no books, and above all no desire to study at all" Olivia whispers, making big hand gestures.

"You are smart Livie, you are going to take your NEWTs and succeed, as you do every year, by reading one or two books the day before," Roger retorts, without looking up from his book. Faced with the brunette's silence, he raises his head. "You know it's annoying, right?"

"But this time just passing won't be enough, you know that, Roge," Olivia continues. "I'm thinking of leaving, I have no obligation to pass them anyway."

Roger rolls his eyes and closes his book, annoyed.

"We've already talked about this, Olivia. You're going to take them, you're going to go all the way. Be a Ravenclaw for once, please", he replies. Olivia frowns and glares at him. He knows full well that she hates this kind of thinking.

"The only thing I'm risking is getting a beating from McGonagall," she finally said with a sigh.

"And that doesn't motivate you to take them? I would be terrified if I were you," Davies jokes to lighten the atmosphere.

Olivia finally gives up and stays by Davies' side until the sun sets, rereading her notes and catching up on other books. At no time did Remus' voice and gaze leave her thoughts. What would he think of his situation? Would he advise him to take them?

A new feeling lodges within Olivia. A feeling that is difficult to understand, to manage, but she is convinced of it; she misses Remus Lupin.