Christmas Eve

black swan - thom yorke

☆☾

Olivia finishes adjusting the black headband in her hair and looks at her reflection in the old mirror. The soft light of the chandelier cradles her silhouette in an orange halo. Her long black dress goes down to the middle of her legs and highlights her hips. Her little black heels enhance her waist and figure. She loves this dress. Rose had given it to her during the last Christmas they spent together. The little detail that changes everything is the bare back, which goes down to the middle of her spine.

Olivia grabs her lipstick that she never goes out without, applies it and straightens her hair one last time before taking a deep breath and heading out of the dorm.

As always on Christmas Eve, McGonnagall organizes an informal dinner, mixing the staff and the few students still present at Hogwarts. Dinner is held in the staff quarters, in a room much less imposing than the Great Hall. It's a friendly way to bring everyone together and not feel alone on this festive day. Olivia had already been there last year, and loved sharing this moment with her at least, someone.

Since the start of the holidays; a question has obsessed Olivia. Will Remus be there? She hasn't seen him since last class. To tell the truth, she didn't really go out, except for dinner when she wasn't too immersed in her book to forget.

Remus grabs the glass of champagne handed to him by Flitwick perched on a chair. He smiles, slightly embarrassed, and politely steps aside towards a corner of the room. His eyes sweep quickly over the people present. A few teachers are there and around twenty students are also present. A large table with food and drinks is spread out at the back of the room. The atmosphere is warm, discussions and alcohol flow, everyone seems to be happy.

His heart skips a beat when he sees her.

Olivia.

Olivia and her piercing gaze, Olivia and her red lips, Olivia and her goddess figure, Olivia and her bare back, Olivia and her smile.

Remus has never seen anyone so beautiful, she, in that dress, looks like a work of art. The kind of work of art that, in addition to being extremely beautiful, makes you feel something so powerful that it's impossible to take your eyes off it.

"Come here, my dear, I'll get you a drink," McGonagall's cheerful voice brings him back to earth. He watches the two women move in his direction, towards the buffet, and Olivia catches his eye, and he has to hold the table behind him firmly to stop himself from running towards her and kissing her until he could no longer breathe.

"Look, it's Mr. Lupin," McGonnogall said, bringing Olivia in front of him with one hand on her back, "Remus, my dear, tell your stories of your youth to Olivia, I allow it for this once, this evening , It is a party !"

Remus almost chokes on his drink and coughs to try to hide his surprise. He sits up and frowns when he sees Olivia in front of him, arms crossed, a mocking smile on her lips.

"Are you quite alright, professor?" Olivia asks, looking innocent.

Remus turns his tongue in his mouth and tilts his head slightly to the side.

"Careful, miss, I am your teacher, even tonight," Remus adds, his tone falsely authoritarian.

Olivia tries to hide her growing smile and sits next to him before taking a sip of champagne. Their elbows touch and send shivers running through their entire bodies.

"So, are you here for Christmas too?" Olivia asks.

"Very perceptive, Sherlock," Remus replies teasingly.