butterbeer

new person, same old mistakes - tame impala

☆☾

Sunday. Hogsmeade day.

"Get up, sleepyhead!" Mona jumps excitedly on her best friend's bed. Olivia grunts in response.

"Come on! Let's go have some beers! It'll give you a change from your old books!"

Hearing these words, Olivia stiffens and stands up. With disheveled hair and furrowed brows, she points a threatening finger at Mona.

"Don't insult my books, understand?"

"Okay, easy tiger" Mona replies, arms in the air, pleading not guilty. "You look hideous. Did you party last night ?"

"No, can't sleep," Olivia grumbles walking towards the bathroom.

Mona walks to her friend's dressing table and readjusts her makeup.

"Why? Did your fictional husband leave you in your book?"

"Fuck off, Vaxey," Olivia shouts from under the shower. The blonde laughs, mockingly.

Olivia already feels lighter under the warm water. After two sleepless nights, she decided not to tell Mona about it for the moment. At least, for now. But what is even it ?

Olivia puts on tights, a short black dress that belonged to her grandmother in the sixties and her black boots. After putting on a headband and putting on her everyday red lipstick, she joins Mona and goes down to the common room.

Roger was already there, sprawled out on the couch. He gets up when he sees his friends and joins them towards the entrance.

"What is a snake doing here?" He greets Mona who sticks her tongue out at him.

"Hello beautiful," Roger said, turning to Olivia and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Let's get fucking wasted!"

☆☾

Night has already fallen, driving away the day and freeing up conversations. Most of the students and teachers returned as the sun set. Mona, Olivia and Roger are still comfortably seated around three butterbeers at the Three Broomsticks. There are hardly any students left, except a few Gryffindors in the corner of the pub. The three friends know that once the night is over, they are safe to drink and in any case, they know the secret passage to return to the castle.

Olivia isn't one to party or drink every weekend, but when she's with her two sidekicks, she feels perfectly safe to do so. Feeling a little tipsy, her cheeks flushed, she just laughed until her stomach hurt.

"Okay, I'm going to break the mood but I have to tell you that I'm quite sad to spend my last year with you," says Roger, his eyes full of emotion.

"Awww, Rorow is having his emotional moment. You're going to miss your favorite girls, aren't you?" replies Mona, teasing him. "This is all the more reason to make this past year a memorable one!"

Olivia looks at Roger and discreetly takes his hand, squeezes it and smiles tenderly. She doesn't say it often, but Olivia doesn't know what she's going to do once Hogwarts is over and she finds herself alone, without him and Mona. And that fucking freaks her out.

"Okay, who's coming to dance with me?" Mona says, touching up her hair. "There are some nice lads at the back of the pub that I would like to impress with my legendary hip thrust, if you know what I mean?" she adds with a wink.