thunderstorms

find me - kings of leon 

☆☾

November has now made its way into the Highlands, bringing with it bitter cold and violent thunderstorms, which break the sky into pieces.

Olivia loves them. Storms. Lightning. The noise. The light. The atmosphere. She could stay for hours at the window, book in hand, observing, hearing and feeling them. She finds storms poetic. As if the sky was painting its anger.

Sitting alone at breakfast, she grabs some toast and a banana. Davies is at morning Quidditch practice and Mona is at her respective table. Olivia takes a book out of her bag. But not just any book. The book he gave her. There are only a few pages left to read. It seems to Olivia that that's all she's been doing this past week.

When she returned to the dormitory after her detention, after having carelessly thrown her bag and clothes on her bed and after putting on a nightie, she slipped under the sheets, took a deep breath and started reading the pages of the book. 512 pages. A grin graces her lips as she observes the annotations on the pages. He annotated it. For her. Her heart skips a beat.

Since that day, all her free time has been dedicated to reading this novel. She often smiles at his annotations and discovers that Professor Lupin is actually extremely funny. This is why that same morning, at breakfast, when Remus Lupin sits down at the big table, and as usual, his gaze automatically drifts to the blue and gold table and comes to rest on the brunette with red lips, a wave of heat travels throughout his body when he sees her reading his book. His book. He knows that seeing her reading his book, more, touching it, between her long, thin fingers, should not give him so much emotion. But he fucking loved it.

☆☾

After class, the storm had calmed down. The sky was still threatening, like the promise of a flood, but the wind had picked up the clouds and a chaotic atmosphere reigned over the school. Olivia takes advantage of this moment of respite, puts on a big warm jacket and goes out, determined to go for a walk. She takes the passages that only she knows to exit discreetly, and goes to the side of the forest.

Olivia feels good. The birds are singing, happy to see the rain gone, the trees are more and more bare, the humid atmosphere of the forest makes everything even more exotic. Only her footsteps on the wet earth break the peaceful silence of the place.

The brunette enjoys getting some fresh air, getting out of school. The atmosphere is becoming more and more heavy. All her classmates, including Mona and Roger are under pressure, with exams and NEWT's fast approaching. Everyone already knows what they want to do with their life: auror, works at the Ministry, Quidditch player, teacher. But what will she do once the year is over? She is suffocating.

Added to this is the problem of Professor Lupin. Is this really a problem? A digression? A fault ? A sin ? Desiring and feeling such strong things for her teacher, she knows, she shouldn't. But everything, absolutely everything about him makes her lose her mind; ranging from his emerald eyes to the way he licks his lips before speaking.

Olivia, normally, experiences all these things through her books, through the thousands of words she has read. Like when she experienced the passion of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, or the forbidden passion of Romeo and Juliet. Never, oh never, would she have thought she would feel this way in real life. But the truth is that she likes it, and that, for once, for a long time now, she feels that being attached to him is worth it.

As she arrives at her secret place, she sits down on her usual wooden trunk and takes out Remus's book, determined to finish it before the storm starts again.