jealousy

jealous - eyedress 

☆☾

Olivia pushes her blue hat a little further on her head and shivers. The November cold chills her bones, sitting on the benches of the quidditch stadium. Ravenclaw are winning against Slytherin.

Jee Lordan's voice rings out and each house does its best to support its team. As usual, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor lined up behind the blue and golden one. Olivia looks with pride at Davies, who is playing particularly well this Saturday. She observes his serious, focused look, his tousled hair and the adrenaline that can be seen on his eyes.

The brunette never really understood the rules of Quidditch, but when the final whistle blows and her comrades start shouting and jumping for joy, she takes it as a sign of victory. With a big smile on her lips, Olivia hurries down the stairs, two by two, three by three, before landing on the lawn.

Olivia looks around for Roger, who had already seen her, and approaches him. A playful grin appears on her face as she slowly turns around, pointing at the back of her sweater. Olivia is wearing a navy blue sweater with the name DAVIES embroidered in white, right on top of the number 7, smaller.

Roger shakes his head and bites his lip at Olivia's amused face. He rushes towards her and takes her in his arms before spinning her around. With his head against her shoulder, he breathes in the familiar scent of vanilla, and allows himself to close his eyes, enjoying the presence of Olivia against him.

"Well done, Roge," says Olivia, once she is back on land.

"It's thanks to your sweater if we won, Livie", he continues, "I told you, it would bring us luck". Olivia smiled. "Thank you, really", Roger was about to say something else, rather to ask the brunette something, something he has dreamed of doing for years, but which he never dared, before being taken away by his teammates. "See you tonight for the party in the common room!" he manages to say before being swallowed up by congratulations and hugs.

From the top of the teachers' stand, Remus watches Oliviareturn to the castle. With his jaw tensed, he looks at the white letters written on her back move away with her. Davies. Roger Davies. Remus held the barrier in his hands so hard that when he removed them, the mark remained.

Today Remus finds himself feeling something completely new. Jealousy. This desire to possess is so deep that it becomes unhealthy. Desire to possess or fear of losing something, or here, someone, which eats us from the inside. He'd never experienced this before, until he saw the way Davies looked at Olivia and the way she threw herself into his arms.

Of course, Olivia and Roger Davies do make a lot more sense than him and Olivia. Remus knows that. But he can't help but wonder what the brunette sees in him, or at least, what she sees in Davies that's more than him.

And Remus hates himself for feeling this way about a student. His student.

But since he's known her, he's never felt so many different things. He lives again.

☆☾

It's been a very long week for Olivia. After being lectured by McGonagall about her future, she received a letter from her grandmother accusing her once again of the deaths of her parents. Since Rose's death, Elizabeth has completely lost her mind. She had never hidden her preference for Rose over Olivia, but now that preference had turned into hatred. This is why Olivia stayed as far away from her grandmother as possible, whenever she had the chance.