Chapter 7-Something's Wrong

The ending of another pointless nightmare woke me up, they have been getting worse and worse. Each one is more terrifying than the last, but they've all been horrible. Every time I woke up from a nightmare I would have a panic attack, it wouldn't be too bad they only lasted for a couple of minutes, but this one was worse. I couldn't stop myself from crying and hyperventilating, it felt like everything around me was about to crash down and kill me. Everything was so overwhelming, even the soft rain outside of my window."It's not real, it's not real," I cried, rocking back and forth in my bed. I tried my best and gathered myself together. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face with the sink water. I heard something."Willium," I heard that voice, that horrible voice. Zeus was standing next to me in the mirror. I felt this heavy weight fall on my shoulders, I felt so scared. I turned around and he was gone, but when I looked back in the mirror he was there. He placed his hand on the same shoulder that he had scarred. My body flinched as he tightened his grip around it."You're not real," I quivered out of fear. I didn't know if that was true, but it felt like his hand was on my shoulder, it felt so real."Oh, you know I am," Zeus scoffed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. That same feeling came back, the fear, that soggy feeling in my gut. His arms were thick and heavy as they rested on my body. Compared to him, I was a twig, something he could snap in his arms, compared to him I was so weak.I started to panic and cry, I felt so weak, I always felt weak when he was there. "Please, stop, don't touch me," I begged."Stop begging, it's so useless," he scoffed.I forced my eyes shut and he was gone when I opened them. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were flashing white and I knew that it was all fake. It was probably all in my head and-Nope! All in my head. It had to be another stupid vision, a curse wouldn't make sense because those don't happen anymore. I went back into my room and quickly got dressed, then I walked down the stairs."Good morning," my mom said. "I made breakfast, come on, you look hungry," my mom led me into the dining room."Wow, Mom, you cooked a lot," I exclaimed."Well, I had a random burst of energy this morning and I decided to put it to good use," Mom patted me on the head. I sat down at the table.Out of nowhere, I was in the mindscape again, all alone. The mindscape was cold and the air was damp and musty. The darkness stretched on forever, it never ended no matter how far I ran, I couldn't escape.Willium..."No!" I exclaimed. I hugged my knees to my chest and I started to cry. "No, no, no," I muttered out of fear."It's not real, not real," It felt like Zeus' hands were all over me again. I felt his cold hands running down my waist, his hot breath trickling down my neck, and his nails digging into my skin. I couldn't stop crying, my body was overwhelmed by all of the feelings.Everything hurt. I laid down on the cold ground. I wanted to die, I wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I wanted it all to stop, I just wanted to be okay again."Willium? Hey, snap out of it. It's just a vision, don't listen to what he's telling you," Denver said. I opened my eyes and I was home."Ah!" I gasped out of fear."I can't believe this is happening! After 21 years, he's dead, this shouldn't be happening," Anna was pacing around the dining room. My whole family was there and Willow was sitting next to me."Willium, what did he say to you?" Denver asked, looking me in the eye."Who? What are you talking about?" I started to cry."It's okay," Willow hugged me. "You're safe,"I hugged Willow back. "Thank you," I said as I let go of her."Did you see Hades?" Denver asked."No-""If it is Hades then maybe-" Anna had started to rant."Stop! It's not Hades because as far as I'm concerned he's dead. Stop asking me questions like I'm okay, I'm not okay! Can't you see that? You know what, just leave me alone," I snapped.I got up from the table and walked up the stairs to the hallway. I stood in the dimly lit hallway for a while. I needed a minute to think about what happened, about how I just snapped like that, about everything that had happened over these weeks.I took a deep breath and sighed. I still felt angry and also sad, I was trying to be sad but my family just made me mad. God, I really needed Geo to yell at me. I'd start crying and then we'd talk and he would make me feel okay again. I walked into my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I had never even dreamed of yelling at my family, but Geo was right, they drowned my problems out so easily. I guess that's why I snapped. My aunt and uncle mean well, but they're both kinda paranoid. Especially when it came to things surrounding the Gods. They only tried to protect me, but I wasn't in the mood.I sat down on my bed and looked out the window, it was gray out, rainy, and sad. Tears were still coming from my eyes, I took another deep breath to stop crying. The only thing I could think about was Geo. I know it was stupid. I would always think about him when I didn't want to think about mindscape stuff, but I couldn't stop thinking about him and dreaming about him. Maybe I was in love, wouldn't surprise me. Geo Valentino the random stranger who held a knife to my throat, except he wasn't a stranger. I don't think that it's possible to miss a stranger this much or logically either.I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I muttered through my tears, although I had no idea how I could talk to anyone at the moment.My dad opened the door and sat next to me on the bed."Why is it always raining when something weird happens in Lexan?" I asked.My dad looked out the window. "I don't know," he sighed and gave me a moment. "Willium?" he asked."Yes?""What's going on with you, kid?" my dad rubbed my back."It's hard to know," I sighed, looking out at the rain."Do you remember why you were so afraid of thunder as a kid? You had this dream that the thunder man was coming for you and every time you'd hear thunder you would think that he was going to get you," my dad said."I remember that," I clasped my hands together."And your mom told you that the thunder was a tantrum, that it was throwing a fit. She said that the louder the thunder was the more it humiliated itself because there was no need to be loud like that when nobody cared to listen," my dad explained. The rain seemed to glow as it fell to the ground softly."Be like the rain, soft and just. The rain doesn't care who hates it or who loves it, it just minds its business and helps those who need it," I said. That was how my mom's story would always end, it has been in her family for years."You'll make it through this, after the storm, the sun always rises," my dad patted my back."The new sun will rise," I muttered."What?" my dad asked."The prophecy says that the new sun will rise, kind of like a new moon. The Sun and the moon, the new sun can't rise without the moon. After the storm, the moon rises too, which means that the sun in the moon will...the eclipse," I realized."What about it?""Brave the storm and rise together," Randomly came into my head, it was another part of the prophecy. "The prophecy was never about the blessing." I realized.