Chapter 20-Safe&Sound

The valley had a calm energy that day, it seemed bare, naked, and sensitive. Not a single puff of wind was in the air, the reeds stood perfectly still like army men. It was early evening, and Geo and I were exhausted after searching the mountains. So, we moved to the valley to find a way out. We were so tired that we started listing what we would do if we ever got back. "If we ever get back, I am going to have Zaira make me a five-course meal," Geo scoffed. "And burn the whole camp down with it, Zaira cannot cook," I chuckled. "I know, what about you? What's your sixth thing?" Geo asked as we walked. "I would have August play the guitar for me," I said. "They would probably end up killing you," Geo scoffed. "I'll take my chances," I sighed. "We should look around here, maybe there's a key hidden under a rock or something?" I mused. Geo walked over to a rock that was a couple of feet away. We were in a part of the valley with no grass, just flat, naked earth. I started to walk over to a rock that looked interesting when I stopped dead in my tracks. Zeus was there, right in front of me, with a grin on his face. It was the way he grinned when he hurt me and did all of that other horrible stuff to me. I froze, I was paranoid before, but this was worse. He was actually there, right in front of me. I snapped out of it and started to run, but he was too quick. He grabbed me from behind, by my waist, and pulled my back to his chest. He held my body tight so I wouldn't be able to escape."Geo!" I managed to scream before Zeus covered my mouth so I couldn't talk. I let out a muffled scream, I kept trying to scream, but I stopped when Zeus dug his nails into the skin around my mouth. Zeus gripped tighter and reached his hand up my shirt. I felt my skin jolt with fear, goosebumps covered my arms as I started to cry. "You're finally mine again," Zeus said to me. I felt his hot breath trail down my neck. Geo turned around slowly and got up, his eyes glowing electric blue. He looked like something out of a movie, eyes glowing with more passion than the blue of the ocean. The sky got darker, electric blue hues filled the sky like a fireworks show. It seemed like he had taken control of the dreamscape, the sky was now his, the forest, everything. It was a beautiful battle of blues in the sky."Get away from him." Geo was mad, mad like I'd never seen him before. He looked like he was about to rip Zeus apart, limb by limb, and make him pay for what he did, for even touching me. A storm of electric blue hit Zeus in the face and he disappeared. I felt frozen, I think Geo was talking or something, but I was too scared to even hear him. I was crying hard, my whole body felt so cold, so violated. I felt so scared, so unsafe, I knew that he was gone, but I couldn't feel it. The only thing I felt was fear, I started to hyperventilate, it was a panic attack. I couldn't fight it off, it was far too strong, I just looked at Geo for help. "Willium?" Geo muttered, walking up to me. I couldn't answer him, I couldn't stop crying. Geo looked at me for a moment, not knowing what to do. "Come on, I'm getting you out of here." "But-y-you're not strong enough, you said," I stuttered. "I might not be, but I am getting you out of here." Geo took my hand, and I flinched when he touched me, my body was on high alert, I was so scared. He closed his eyes, the dreamscape turned electric blue, and then it was gone. We were in a random bedroom, it was dark and cold but was better than the dreamscape. The room looked like someone was coming in and out of it, sleeping there occasionally. There was a small desk that was covered with all sorts of items, stones, rings, books, and some rusty hairpins. The bed was messy, but at least the covers were still on."Of course, it's this place," Geo muttered under his breath. "This is my room in the underworld, but don't worry, we'll be able to get out," Geo paused for a second and looked at me. "Gods, you look exhausted," Geo sighed, he looked scared and concerned. Geo also looked tired, his hair was messy and covered in ash, there were spots of dirt on his face, his eyes looked tired, and his clothes were dirty. I looked at the floor, at my wet and dirty shoes, Geo was right, I was exhausted. I had no idea how long we had been in the dreamscape, my bones ached, my body was sore, and it was hard to keep my eyes open. I was so tired, I wanted to go home, I wanted to go to bed. "We should sleep, you take the bed, and I'll sleep on the floor-" "No, I don't think I can sleep alone tonight," I shivered in the cold of the room. I felt awkward asking Geo to share the bed with me, but I was so scared that I couldn't be alone. I needed Geo close to me, I needed him to make me feel better. "Oh-okay, we can share the bed if that's what you need," Geo muttered. I nodded, Geo and I carefully got into the bed, and we tried to not bump into each other. It felt awkward, we both didn't know what to do, but it happened again. I started crying, I felt so weak, and stupid. I couldn't stop, the tears flowed freely as I sobbed my eyes out. I was having a meltdown and I knew that I needed to let it happen. "Sh, come here," Geo wrapped his arms around me and softly pulled me close. "It's going to be okay," His voice was soft and comforting. He made me feel better by just talking."How can you say that?" I cried. Geo pulled me closer, I felt his breath on the top of my head. He cradled me in his arms, his hand was on my head, pulling it to his chest, and his other hand was sitting on my waist. I felt so warm and safe in his arms. "After my sister died my mom told me that I was going to be okay. I didn't believe her, but then my mother told me that...healing isn't about finding the light at the end of the tunnel, it's about making it," Geo told me. I kept crying in Geo's arms for a while and then I managed to calm myself down. Everything was dead silent, the only sound was our breathing, but then Geo broke the silence to ask me a question that had been coming for a while.Geo sighed. "Willium?" "Yeah?" I asked I felt nervous, part of me knew what Geo was going to ask about."What did Zeus mean by saying that you were finally his again?" Geo asked. I sighed, I knew it was coming, I had to tell him. "You have to promise me not to tell anyone else this, you're the first person I'm telling," I muttered. I felt so scared, but I just needed to tell him, that even if it was so hard, I had to get it out. "Of course, I promise," Geo looked into my eyes. I loved looking at his face, the soft brown freckles on his pale skin, the mark under his eye, the scar on his face just under the mark, and his dark brown eyes."Um," my breath shuttered. "In the mindscape, Zeus didn't just beat me and hit me, he would also rape me," I muttered. "I am so sorry that that happened to you," Geo said. Geo pulled me closer, I rested my head in Geo's arms. "You're safe now, I'm right here, tournesol," I fell asleep in Geo's arms, it was the best sleep I had in a while, maybe in my whole life.