Chapter 16-Too Painful To Sleep, Too Tired To Feel Pain?

I did not sleep well that night, it turns out that sensation switching doesn't last forever or even a couple of hours. So, the pain came back, it didn't feel too bad, but it didn't feel too good either. I was in pain, horrible pain. It felt like when you put hand sanitizer on a cut, that sting, I felt it everywhere. I looked up at the mossy ceiling, I was so tired, so tired that it was hard to keep my eyes open. Tears streamed down my face freely, but I was too tired even to feel sad. I was frustrated, what did I ever do to deserve this? I knew the answer, nothing, but I didn't like it. I just wanted to go home, that was all I wanted. I was crying all night, but a quiet cry, I didn't want to wake anyone up. I had already stressed everyone out when I almost died, I didn't want to be more of a burden. The only thing I could do was think as I stared aimlessly at the ceiling. Of course, my mind wandered about the mindscape and everything that happened, getting hurt, being starved, being raped. The mindscape was the last thing that I wanted to be thinking about. Instead, I thought about my childhood and my family. Back before everything went wrong, back when everything felt fine. Honestly, I had completely forgotten what it was like to feel okay. I wish I didn't think that every time I felt good would be the last time. I wish I were okay. Eventually, everyone started to wake up, yawning, stretching, and tussling hair. I didn't get up, still staring at the ceiling, I didn't have the energy to get up. I was in too much pain and I was too tired from not sleeping that night.Geo was the last one to wake up, he had been muttering in his sleep all night right next to me, but in Japanese. It must have been a nightmare, he was muttering about being called an anomaly for having two godly parents and being a demigod. I'd call it a miracle, but I guess that anomaly was the preferred term. I wanted to wake Geo up, I could feel that he was in pain, but I didn't. He was exhausted and I needed to let him sleep. Geo sat up and sighed, he looked down at me a bit concerned. "Are you okay?" he softly asked me. I looked up at him, I was exhausted, I bet he could see that. "I'm tired, I didn't sleep last night, I was in too much pain," I sighed. "Why didn't you wake me up? I could've helped you," Geo said. "I didn't want to bother you, Geo," I muttered, sitting up. "Okay," Geo got up. Geo slightly lifted my shirt and put his hand against my bleeding wound. I flinched when his hand met my skin, I felt flustered by Geo. "Sorry," Geo muttered, looking up at me. "It's okay," I said. Geo's eyes started to glow pink again and the pain slowly faded away with the touch of his warm hand. "I'm okay," I suddenly felt extremely flustered by Geo, this feeling came over me so fast that I was startled. My body tensed up and so did my expression, I blushed at Geo, I was as red as a rose and as pathetic as a fool"Are you okay?" Geo asked. "Y-yeah," I stuttered. I felt so stupid stuttering and blushing, I must have looked foolish. I looked up into Geo's eyes, he smiled at me for a second then sat back down. "You were hit pretty hard," Skylar scoffed, approaching me. "Yes, I was," I sighed. "Did you get a hand scar?" Skylar asked, looking at my hands. "A what?" I muttered. "Anyone who is ever possessed by Zeus somehow ends up with a scar on their hand, if they didn't already have one," Skylar explained, showing her scar. There was a scar on each palm, they were long and skinny and matched up with each other. "It's from an ax, a big one, aimed at my head, and I stopped it with my hands," Victor showed the scars on his hands, I had heard about his scars, welding scars. But looking at the scars, they weren't burnt, which would only make sense for welding. "And those are welding scars?" I scoffed. Skylar chuckled to herself. "Um..." Victor muttered. "My mom taught me about scars, they look connected like they were all done at once. Did you stick your hand in a garbage disposal or something?" I asked. "He's Asian, got that sass," Skylar scoffed. "Okay, they are not welding scars, they are scars from barbed wire. Something happened when I was a kid, but I can hardly remember it," Victor said. "Mhm," Skylar scoffed. "Skylar, don't." "Okay, um...let's change the subject. We're from After Life City, which is a place upside down and under the city of Sulcan, in the living world. Demigods can access the underworld through an elevator in a hotel, this hotel leads to Last Stop Hotel," Skylar explained.