Chapter 18-Please, I Don't Want To Mess This Up

We went back to the forest that morning to look for a way out, it seemed like the most magical place in the dreamscape, maybe there was something there that we were missing. The forest seemed strangely quiet this morning. The quietness was almost annoying, well it was annoying, it kept me thinking and paranoid. I could hear the leaves crushing under my feet as I walked through the brush. It also seemed colder too, the forest had this ghostly feel to it, and it scared me and kept me alert. The trees seemed taller and darker, I guess we were on another side of the woods. "Does anyone else get a creepy vibe from this place? Are we sure that there isn't some evil witch that wants to steal our blood here?" Skylar asked, looking around the forest. "Yeah, it wasn't like this before though. It felt warmer, safer, now it kinda feels like something's about to happen," I muttered. Geo tightly grabbed my shoulders from behind. "Kill, kill for Zeus," Geo said in a robotic voice. "Shut up! It's not funny, Geo. This is serious," I exclaimed, jumping out of fear. I caught my breath, Geo almost gave me a heart attack. "Ha, scaredy cat," Geo chuckled. I blushed, I had no idea why Geo was being a jerk, but I still felt those stupid little butterflies. It didn't make sense to me why Geo was so, well, beautiful, but it was obvious. Geo was a child of Aphrodite, the children of Aphrodite were said to be irrationally beautiful and Geo was no exception. He mesmerized me and at the same time enraged me. It was stupid, I should hate him. "Whatever, we need to focus," I scoffed, trying to stop blushing. "Yes," Victor said, his tone reminded me of my dad's when he was trying to hide his anger. "Have you guys watched that show about those kids whose plane crashes in the middle of the woods and they're stuck for 19 months and end up sacrificing the weak people, they were like a soccer team or something?" Geo muttered, staring aimlessly at the sky as if it were waving to him. "No! And what does that have anything to do with getting out of here?!" I exclaimed in a fit of frustration."Wow, can you calm down, we're trying to focus, Willium," Geo said in a petty voice. That was it, he had gotten on my last nerve and then somehow seemed to find more! I don't know how a person can be so infuriating, but there he was. "I am going to kill you," I said in an annoyed tone, standing toe to toe with Geo. "I'd like to see you try," Geo scoffed. We were like two feral cats egging each other on until we snapped and lashed at each other. "Okay, that's enough for you two," Victor said as he separated us. "What's your problem with that guy?" He asked me as we started walking. Skylar and Victor were between Geo and me to stop us from fighting. "I don't have a problem with him, he has a problem with me. When I met him he held a knife to my throat," I said. "It was a dagger, you stupid-""Shut up!" Willow yelled, shaking the trees with vines growing out of her hair and eyes glowing bright green. Willow's eyes went back to normal and she sighed. "Sorry," Geo and I muttered in fear. I felt the energy in the air shift, I knew that something was about to happen, something bad. The feeling crawled up my back like a drunk spider. I looked around, I was frantic, something was going to happen. I looked around like an alert dog would. My lungs held my chest high as they refused to let the air out, trying to pull it back down. Then the feeling dropped as quickly as water from a broken tap. My shoulders dropped and I looked around, everyone was gone, but Geo wasn't. I knew what was going to happen, Geo would start up about how we would never get out, he'd try to blame it on me, then he'd get me mad and we'd fight. I didn't have it in me to fight with Geo, he could kill me and I wouldn't move an inch against him. I just couldn't let myself mess up with him again, something was different or stronger. Whether it was love or pure chaos, I couldn't care less. I just couldn't argue at that moment. "Let's see if they're in the mountains," I said as I started walking. "What-why are you so calm?" Geo muttered, he seemed stressed and his breath was heavy."Don't know," I answered. Geo and I started walking up the rocks into the mountains, I felt stupid calling out names. I think Geo called out Willow's name just to poke at me but I didn't pay him any attention. "Okay, you're freaking me out," Geo said. I turned around to face him, we were standing in a passageway full of wet boulders. "What are you talking about, Geo?" I sighed. "Why are you so calm?" Geo scoffed. "I don't know and it doesn't matter, we need to find the others," I sharply turned around and slipped, I cut my hand open on a rock. The truth is that I was holding in my stress but that let it all out and I started to cry. It was all so overwhelming, these past days, I was trying to keep myself together, but we both know that I'm bad at that. "Are you okay?!" Geo exclaimed, kneeling to my level. I turned around and faced him, my bloody hand showing. "I'm fine," I muttered, trying not to show that I was crying. "Hey, listen to me, it's going to be okay. Look, there's a cave up there, we'll take a break," Geo said. I nodded, Geo helped me up the steep rocks to the cave. Tears slowly came from my eyes and streamed down my face. I sat down and watched Geo as he made a blue fire with his bare hands. I looked down at my bleeding hand, I clenched my fist red blood dripping down my wrist and arm. It had to work, the blessing should've done something, but nothing happened. If I couldn't even heal myself, what use was I? Maybe the blessing didn't work, or maybe I was too weak for it. "I'm sorry," I said to Geo. He looked up at me confused, why did part of me want him to just yell at me? "Why, what for?" He asked. I opened my fist and looked at my blood-stained palm. "It's my fault that this happened," "No-" "Stop, you know it is. I'm bad luck," I sighed. "So what!? We're going to die anyway, if we don't find a way out!" Geo scoffed. "I mean, it might be your fault that we're here but it'll be my fault that we won't get out. I have the power to get us out but I'm not strong enough," Geo looked like he was about to cry. "We will get out of here, we just have to keep trying," I said. "And failing?" Geo sighed. "I'm sorry Willium," "Don't be, even if we never get out of here I'm glad I have you with me," I said."Really?" Geo scoffed. "Yes, it's weird, I remember who I am when I'm with you," I told him.