Chapter 14-Of Course, What Was I Expecting, A Normal Life?

The sky turned dark purple in the blink of an eye lit up with a glow of electric thunder that crashed in the sky. Every cloud had a different shade of purple to call its own. The sky had been taken over by purple, like a storm brewing, the sky was violent. The purple tantrum was beautiful as it erupted across the sky. It was like a purple sunset and sunrise all at the same time, truly breathtaking."And we don't either," A voice scoffed."Don't blame it on me, blame Miguel," Another said.I turned around, and two people were behind us, one of them was a man. He looked like he was in his mid-forties, with blonde hair and emerald-green eyes. There was a paper-thin scar on his cheek, just below his right eye, resting on the cheekbone. I looked down at his hands, they were covered in tiny scars.The other person was a girl, she looked about 17. Her hair was dark, it fell to her shoulders and was layered to shape her face. Her eyes were brown, so dark that the pupils were hard to see, her eyes were hooded."Who are you?" I asked."I'd ask the same question, it's not every day that people end up in Hades' dreamscape. In fact, it's never happened before. How did you get here?" She tilted her head and waited for an answer. I felt so confused, I thought that Zeus put me here, was this all Hades' fault, that wouldn't make sense, but what would?"It was Willium's fault," Geo said."No, it wasn't!" I scoffed, Geo was always trying to get on my nerves, always trying to make me mad."It's so much warmer in here," The girl noticed."What are you talking about, who even are you?" Geo asked."I'm Skylar Zhang, that is Victor Valen. Now who are you?" Skylar asked."But you're dead, where did you say we were again? Wait, are we dead, I died with Willium?" Geo scoffed."I'm Willium Valen, that's Geo Valentino, and-" I tapped Willow on the shoulder and she turned around. "Willow Arosa Valen," I said."You're my grandchildren," Victor muttered. He seemed surprised, he must have thought that he would never meet me.Hi, Willow signed."I never thought that I would meet you. You look just like your parents," Victor said."I'd never thought I'd meet you either. Oh, Willow is deaf, so she uses sign language, but I can translate for you, she's also a plant," I explained.It's complicated, Willow signed."I remember you," Skylar pointed at Geo."I don't," Geo scoffed."You were in the dreamscapes," Skylar said."I was?" Geo muttered."Oh! A dreamscape is this, but I have the power to use it to view the past, present, and future of anybody. A dreamscape is someone's life and memories as a place, a mindscape is an empty plan of nothing. In dreamscapes, you can view the past, present, and future," Skylar exclaimed."This is Hades' dreamscape. When someone dies, their mindscape dies, but the dreamscape stays alive as their spirit," Victor said."I've been in a mindscape before. When I was 16 I was kidnapped and put into one for six months, but for everyone else, it was six years," I added. "And everyone in my family...thought I was dead," I muttered."Yeah, time works differently in mindscapes. Who put you there?" Skylar asked."Zeus, and then Apollo saved me and I had to get his blessing, it was a whole thing," I said."Zeus, you're kidding, him again?" Skylar scoffed with frustration."Skylar, they don't know about Zeus' curse," Victor said."Right. So, what you all know as Hades' curse, has been Zeus all along. He cursed Hades, he cursed Molly to kill Hades, and he killed Victor and many others. What he does is curse Gods to make them look like murderers and then he kills them. Hades' curse was Zeus' curse. Now it looks like Zeus is striking again," Skylar explained like it was nothing.It was Zeus, has he been after me ever since I was born? It was he who gave me all the nightmares and visions. He was everywhere, even here. He was so much stronger than I could've even imagined, he could rip me apart any second if he wanted to.I felt scared, and paranoid again, but it was worse. My body started to shake, I felt a panic attack coming on. It felt like Zeus' hands were all over me again and I started to cry. My heart pounded in my chest and my breath froze in my chest. This panic attack was worse than the others. Zeus might have been right there because I felt so scared."Willium, are you okay?" Geo asked."He's here, I-he's here, no, no," I panicked, I had my knees hugged to my chest. Willow walked over to me and patted my shoulder.Breathe, Willow signed. I took a deep breath and then calmed myself down."I'm okay," I sighed and caught my breath."What was that?" Victor asked.I looked up at the sky and took another deep breath. "Panic attack, nothing out of the ordinary," I looked at the moss on the ground. "Sometimes when Zeus is mentioned it just sets something off in me, like someone pulling a fire alarm, everything is calm, then it's chaos," I explained."What is it that Zeus did to you? Why is it like that?" Victor asked, he sounded scared.I moved the collar of my sweater to show the huge scar on my shoulder, the one that went all the way down my back."Oh my goodness," Victor exclaimed."There's plenty more where that came from," I scoffed, letting go of my sweater. There was more, but I didn't have the strength to tell them about getting raped, I didn't have the strength to tell anyone."Zeus did that to you?" Skylar asked."Yep," I sighed. I looked up at the sky again, the purple had just started to fade. "How did you do that, the sky?" I asked.Skylar looked up. "I'm a demigod, daughter of Zeus,""Is that all?" I scoffed."Yep, I've been able to make my powers so strong by remembering that they are mine. I used to see them as some big bear that I had to tame, but they were already tame, I just needed to get over my fear," Skylar explained. "So, you're a child of Apollo?""If you're asking me about my powers, I haven't noticed them yet," I said.