Confessions

°° A month later°°
A long time had passed since the incident. But the poison was still keeping Krishna weak . Radhika's mind and conscience was in turmoil. She regretted her actions daily. The Bahus had been attacked by Maharaj Sudarshan Raj Pratap . He wanted to take away his daughter. But, neither the Bahus nor the Princess settled for it. He was planning another attack....

Krishna:-

The Princess left after a while. Her soft smell of fresh lotuses, still lingering in the room. Though she was taking care of me and treating me , I couldn't let go of the grudge. How could she do this? In fact, how did I become so stupid to believe her blindly!

Jay , Hema , Koyel and Varsha along with a few others were at my doorstep asking for permission to enter. I sat up, indicating a yes. " Nath , how are you now? Better we hope. Rajkumari ji is tending to your day and night. She cares a lot about you". Jay continued after Varsha ,
" Krishna, I think you're being unnecessarily cold and tough with her...what is it? " . He had already sensed something, no use of hiding it.

As the others exited the hut on my command, I unfolded the story. Jay was in a dilemma. His face , pale and dissatisfied. " How dare she!? I'll throw her out at this moment!" , his rage emanating in all directions. His one call gathered many villagers with weapons. Men and women alike.

Before I could speak , they flung at Rajkumari ji. She was preparing my medicine. Jay blurted out, " I know your secret Princess" . She turned around to find a group of raging Bahus.

Radhika:-

My heart stopped beating out of fear. Their anger shook me to the core. Of course they have the right to be angry. " I wish for a chance to explain myself, I will speak only the truth. I promise " , I said with a tone of calmness. " My father has already attacked your tribe once. I had every opportunity to leave with him , but no. That's below my dignity. When we royals make a mistake, we give up our everything to fix it. That's our way. And here, I have made my biggest mistake ever. Poisoning him was my worst fault and I accepted it". I paused to breathe and continued.

"My father had always wanted a son but none of his queens could provide him with one. Though a son was born, he died in infancy. He consulted the royal astrologer and got to know that only a daughter could bring fortune, or rather great prosperity to his kingdom" , I sat down on the ground.

"Months later I was born. The first perfectly healthy child of the family and the daughter about whom the astrologer prophesised. I was brought up with immense care and luxury. But I then learned the truth, that my father believes that I would be married off to a great king ,and that would bring prosperity". My eyes were full to the brim and tears caressed my cheeks .

The bandit calmly knelt in front of me and cupped my face . I was stunned for a moment but it brought a wave of relief and safety with it. " After I was abducted I believed that sooner or later you would kill me to avenge your loss . But I am happy that I have been proven wrong" , he smiled softly. His mystical and magical eyes teary as well.

Krishna:-

"I am glad you realise your mistake. And I have already forgiven you , my dear. Now , come on , wipe your tears , it pains me to see you cry" , I added warmly as she obediently wiped them away. A new feeling of courage invoked, I pronounced, " I have fought a thousand battles ,my love , but when it was time to fight you , I just couldn't.I have taken lives but never given. And now , I have willingly given you my most prized possession - my Hriday..." . Astonished at my own words I added on ," Since the very first time I saw you , I knew that you are trouble. A trouble which I'll gladly face every moment of my life. And how could I even expect to avoid this trouble , when I love you more than my life ? ".

As my gaze averted from her face to the Bahus, they were already down on their knees bowing to their Nathini , a term used among the tribe to refer to the wife of their Nath . My mother was called so . Now , she would be their Nathini , their queen.