Affliction

Maharaj Sudarshan Raj Pratap - probably the cruelest of rulers and the worst father to a child. No father could mistreat their own child the way he did. He secretly planned to use his daughter to gain his future.

Radhika:-
I just finished preparing the medicine. Stepping into the cool water of the pond, a soothing sense filled me up. All the incidents from yesterday flooded back. The near death moment , explanation , bottled up feelings and especially his words of confession.

His sudden revelation stunned me for the whole day. I was unable to do anything. My brain was numb. Jay had administered the antidote. But luckily his dose was now over and he was completely fine. The guilt still remains. I put aside the thoughts and decided to have a positive outlook for the day.

Something I learnt about the Bahus was that they could die for their lord. They didn't hesitate. They were also very cultured , warm , hospitable , and good at handiwork. They provided me with an unending supply of saris. Each one of them is equally simple but pretty.

 Each one of them is equally simple but pretty

              Radhika's Look

As I returned to Bahasti from my bathing pond , I saw the men arranging their weapons. " Hema , where are they going? What happened?" , my concern rising. Krishna , as I now decided to call him , replied " Don't worry dear , we're going to meet your father. A settlement has to be made ".

I couldn't possibly let him go alone anywhere near my father. God knows, he might try to kill him! "Noo! I'll come along , that way father won't be able to harm you" , I shot back innocently. He smiled and tried to convince me to not go.

Krishna:-

My heart leapt to pronounce her name aloud for the first time. " Radhika , please stay back , I can't let you near danger , love". Colour rose in her face. She blushed hard as hell. Even my people suppressed their smiles at my honey coated words.
Indeed , I was always a hard and cold , but when it came to her...nothing works.

Her igniting beauty , melted my heart every time. Her face fell . Soon , her eyes met mine and it held a regal flame. I knew that she would definitely go now. No declining her , " As you wish Rajkumari ji ".

We mounted our horse , Radhika too mounted a black , sleek mare - Noor . Mine was a white stallion - Shan. For the first time ever I shared my dear mates with anyone. Radhika was not a great horsewoman . She had befriended Noor real quick , she was one of our most difficult mares.

Radhika:-
The Suratgarh Rajmahal gleamed in the sulight. My beloved home was in full view once again. Though it reminded me of my father, it was still home. And , he was still my Father. I loved him no matter what . In due time , I may forgive him.

Krishna's eyes narrowed and Jay's back straightened further. They were ready for any attack. As we approached, the guards raised their spears. I moved forward , they looked shocked to see me after so long. " Pranam Rajkumari ji , we didn't know it was you. You aren't safe with the Bahus , let us handle them . You return to the palace my lady " , they did their duty .

I cleared my throat and casually ordered them to clear the path for us all. Riding on the stone path , my heart beat raised. I secretly planned to tell my father about my feelings towards Krishna and soften the situation. We dismounted our rides and walked into the court.

Father had already received the news of our arrival. All the ministers and my favourite handmaid from the palace , Swarna were present to greet me. Ahe hugged the moment I entered. My father, overwhelmed at seeing me unharmed, set aside his evilnness and hugged me too.

" Ohh my lovely daughter! Such a great thing to see you back , I knew you'd come back. After all , how could live with those unruly people? " , he went on. I shifted away from him and started the long awaited conversation.

" Father , I have come to speak on the behlaf of the Bahus. I wish that you return them their lands and settle peacefully. They weren't at fault and you know it", his eyes dilated. The ministers and servants were exasperated too. They knew that he hated disagreement.

" How dare you disobey and question the King in the court? You know the laws , Radhika! " , he screamed at the top of his lungs. Anger heated up the room. Yes , questioning the Maharaj was a huge crime in our land . And , I did it infront of every one.

He continued his anger driven speech , insulting the Bahus and me . My self respect was nothing when it came to the respect of my tribesmen. They considered me their Nathini , their lordess. Their disrespect directly hurt Krishna and I would never forgive that.

Over the time , I have felt the purest love in my entire lifetime and it was for Krishna. He was my Tan-Man-Pran . My body , heart and soul . He was me and I was him . Our souls had merged to become one. Unspoken and unconditional love bloomed among us.

Unable to tolerate any longer, I bursted," Maharaj Sudarshan Raj Pratap! Enough of your speech! If you cannot agree to words, let it be actions! But never dare argue about my love! " .
He was stunned by my courage.

Krishna:-

" If Love requires the law to be broken , then so it is , I shall break every law , punish me or kill me , I don't care! " ; Radhika's powerful words made the entire kingdom silent. She was definitely the strongest woman I had seen. The silence commenced long.

An old man , feeble yet commanding stepped up.
"Radhika, my child, calm down. I can understand your feelings towards Krishna..." , he knew my name? He noticed the curiousity in my face and said , " I had read the fate of our dear Princess long ago. And I knew this was coming. When, it is love, even the gods can't stand against it".

The Maharaj stared in disbelief. It was surely the royal astrologer and her guruji - Lokmitra. What an admirable person he was! Knowledgeable , kind and humble together. Providing no heed to anyone he said ,
" Maharaj , this is the time to unravel the prophecy completely".

Nobody had any idea what he meant. Radhika backed away and entwined her fingers with mine. I held her hand strongly. A storm would rage now!!

____________••••••____________

Guys ! I have decided to wait until my work gets atleast 50 views and 10 votes. So , I'll have to wait long . I hope you can vote and read a bit. It'll mean a lot to me. Thanks, bye!! 👋