Invite

Radhika:-

My plan had worked , my step-siblings ( other children of my father) were extremely pleased. The other queens weren't able to refuse. " You know, this all makes me think of my mother. She would be very happy to see me doing these" , I spoke in a trance.

Swarna replied positively that this game well suits the Crown Princess. She believes that I'll be queen someday. Yes, unlike other places, we have a tradition which allows daughters to rule over their kingdom if needed. But, it hasn't happened yet.

I sent word to Krishna about our new allies. Rani Latika , Rani Maitreyi and Rajkumar Harshraj were the strongest. The ladies were cousins , both truly talented and the prince was the next able ruler. Though, my father doesn't show any signs of letting them rule.

Suddenly, a rapt on my door , startled me . The attendants rushed to open it , Rani Latika and Maitreyi entered. They placed some sweets on my table. I hastily payed my courtesies,
" Pranam Rani ji , such a pleasant surprise. Please have a seat". They sat down and started a smooth conversation. It went all good but , something was bound to go different.

" Rajkumari , you resemble your mother a lot. Maharani Chandrani was definitely the best woman we had seen. Indeed , she was the Chief Queen. Yet, no traces of attitude or arrogance" , Rani Maitreyi said. Rani Latika added her views. I felt proud of my mother. They also told me that my father might be taking some steps that seem unjust. But , he is being protective and wants to shield me from the Bahus .

This made me realise that my plan hadn't worked completely. It would take a load of effort. The problem is that I can't openly stand for them nor could I abandon them. After all , when my father wasn't coming to take me back , they kept and treated me well.

They trusted me , they love and care for me. And in the end , Krishna had given me what I couldn't find anywhere , Param Prem.
" Anyway , these discussions go a long way. We had come to invite you to a Puja . Tomorrow we are attending the RadhaKrishna Puja in the mandir of the bazar."

I gently accepted the invite from Rani Latika and assured my presence. The mandir was famous for its bhajans. Plus , tomorrow the royal women would be singing one song in the praise of the couple. I would love to hear it. Swarna said that she may ask Krishna to come and meet. But , the security had been tightened due to which I couldn't send letters to him.

I wanted to put on a lehenga and used some pretty jewellery. Though Swarna wanted me to wear something yellow, I chose another colour. She tried convincing me but I blurted rudely, " You don't tell the Princess what to do! " , my voice all strict. " Forgive the maid, your excellency" , she seemed aghast.

I quickly apologised after sending the other girls away. I still wore the blue lehenga but let her choose my remaining look.

 I still wore the blue lehenga but let her choose my remaining look

• Lehenga •

             • Neckpiece •

• Neckpiece •

                  •Earset•

•Earset•

~ This chapter is short cuz I need some time to think of the next part~