Chapter 69

- June 2nd 1976 - 

Y/N's POV

Alan's birthday was in 18 days which meant we would be celebrating him soon. Today we were in the studio doing some work. The boys had done quite a bit of writing since we had been gone but Eric and I had come up with some ideas as well.

"I feel like somehow most of these ideas fit well together," Matthew said.

"I know," Eric commented.

"Also your new guitar you got in France is super cool," Derek commented.

"Isn't it? I love the way it adds a new vibe to the sound of the music," Eric commented.

"France seems pretty cool," Ian said.

"It was honestly," I said.

"We get to go to the states next month which is also going to be some fun. I am kind of excited for the things we will be doing there," Les said.

"Me too. I think it is kind of crazy how many things we have planned to do in the states," Derek said.

I laid my head on Eric's arm. He kissed my head.

"Ugh you two make me sick," Matthew said as his eyes wandered to look at us.

"Why you say that?" I asked with a chuckle.

"You two are like a perfect couple that is why it makes me sick," Matthew said.

"And I think they are cute. But let's refocus," Les said.

"This seems to be good if we add the guitar solo here," I said as I pointed at a part of the song.

"Who is going to do the guitar solo?" Woody asked.

"I feel like Eric could and then if you are on keys you could pull something off here," I said.

"Ooo that could work," Woody said.

"I feel like this song is going to be very different from some of the music we have done before," Les said.

"But like in a good way?" Derek asked.

"Yeah," Les said.

"We should do a song with a drum solo. I think that could be totally cool," Ian said.

"It would be cool to do that," Derek said.

"We should plan it out one of these sessions," I said.

"What if you go and try some of these lyrics in the isolation booth?" Matthew asked as he looked at Les.

"Got it," Les said as he took the sheet of lyrics and went in there.

We went through a couple of sections of the song and soon enough Eric joined him.

"I feel like this could work here," Matthew said.

"That does sound quite good together," Derek commented.

A few minutes later Les came out and Eric stayed in there. We went over a couple more times with the lyrics Eric was singing.

"What if you go switch with Eric?" I asked as I looked at Ian.

"I could if you want," Ian said.

I handed him a sheet of lyrics. Ian and Eric switched.

"I feel like finding which one of you guys to do this song is going to be the hardest," Matthew said with a chuckle.

"I know you are not going to make me try it out," Woody said.

"We might just to see how it would work. We can then play each version back and see which flows," Matthew said.