Chapter 71

- June 19th 1976 - 

Y/N's POV

We were currently at Derek's and Alan's house. I was in the backyard with Derek talking about the ideas for the birthday tomorrow. I was also filling him in on the details and things we had gotten.

"I think this is going to be good. You always come up with some fun ideas for birthdays," Derek said looking at me.

We were sitting in some lawn chairs in the backyard looking at the pool.

"I always try and make birthdays special. It gives me a purpose you know?" I said.

"Yeah, that makes complete sense," Derek replied.

Eric was inside with Alan and the boys. They all were distracting Alan while me and Derek were outside.

"If you guys come over around like 10 that should work," I said as I looked over at him.

"Sounds like a good idea," Derek said.

A smile slightly formed on his face.

"What are you smiling for?" I asked.

"Oh- uhm nothing," Derek said.

"Are you sure? Are you thinking about something?" I asked.

"I could be but I would not share it out loud," Derek said with a chuckle.

"Okay then," I said.

"What if I just kissed you right now? What would you do?" Derek blurted out.

"What? Kiss me?" I asked looking at him.

"I am sorry - I shouldn't have said that," Derek said.

"I am in a happy relationship Derek. I am sorry," I said.

Derek kissed me quickly and I did not return the kiss.

"I-," I said looking at him.

Eric had just been passing by the door.

"I am so sorry," Derek said.

I blankly stared at him.

"Did I break you?" Derek asked with a chuckle.

"I what just happened," I said.

"What the hell did you just do that for?" Eric asked as he walked outside.

"I couldn't help myself," Derek said as he got out of his chair.

"Couldn't help yourself?" Eric asked as he pulled Derek over to him.

"Yes," Derek said.

"What the actual fuck," Eric said.

"I am sorry," Derek said.

"I know you are not sorry and I am just glad she didn't kiss you back," Eric said as he looked at me.

I shook my head and looked back at him.