Chapter 73

- June 26th 1976 - 

Y/N's POV

Today was the last day of rehearsal before we would be heading to America. We leave for America on the last day of June which would be the 30th. I am excited to be in America for the first time in a long time.

"I think America is going to be a lot of fun," Ian said.

"It is going to be and we are going to be making some appearances on shows too while we are out there," Derek said.

"Why don't we do that track once more?" Matthew asked.

"Fine," Eric said.

Les and Eric went into the isolation booth. At this time I was not in the room.

"Hey boy that girl she's gonna break your heart in two," Les sang.

I walked into the room and took a seat. I could see right into the booth.

"On no not my baby hey now that's not what she'll do (what she'll do)," Eric sang as he looked at me.

I always thought isolation booths were interesting because nothing can be heard besides on recording. We always knew what parts they were singing though.

"She's gonna take your love and keep you hangin' on," Les sang.

More lines went by that they sang.

"She's tellin' all her lies oh angel can't you see," Les sang again.

"No no not my girl oh she'd never cheat on me," Eric sang as smiled at me through the window.

I smiled back.

"Why did he get so happy all of a sudden?" Matthew asked.

Derek pointed at me.

"She came into the room that is why," Derek said.

"Ah, I see," Matthew said.

Eric rolled his eyes at Derek and looked back at me.

"What was that for?" Ian asked.

"I am not too sure he is still okay with me but it is okay," Derek said.

"You are always too nice and you went overboard at that one point that could be why," Ian said.

"True, I am still sorry about it," Derek said.

Eric and Les came out of the isolation booth.

"Hi baby, you did great," I said looking at Eric.

"Thank you my love," Eric said.

"You did great too," I said looking at Les.

"Thank you," Les said with a smile.

"Are you guys excited to be heading to America soon?" Matthew asked.

"Oh, for sure. I love America," Les said.

"The people are kind of are a bit more crazy than the others but it does make sense," Derek said.

"Alan is coming with us right?" Ian asked.

"Yeah, he is going to be. I think it is fun he is going to be tagging along," Derek said.

"Is your guy's riff finally done?" Woody asked looking at Derek and Eric.

"Yeah, I forgive him. He is a good guy as long as his hands stay where they belong," Eric said.

"They will I promise," Derek said.

"Okay then we are good," Eric said.

"I think it is nice you have chosen to forgive me," Derek said.

"I can't stay mad at you forever. Plus I know how lovely it is to kiss Y/N," Eric said.

"Yup," Derek said.

Eric looked at him.

"Well it is," Derek said with a chuckle.

"But she is only mine to kiss," Eric said.

"Mmm, true," Derek said.

"Like now?" I asked looking at Eric.

"Kiss your girl," Derek said.

Eric pulled me over to him and kissed me. I returned the kiss and smiled.

"See that is a good kiss," Derek commented.

"Yeah, and the thing is they love each other. You can see it when they kiss," Woody said.

"I know you can," Matthew said.

"I am still surprised you guys are going strong," Les said.

"My girl would never cheat on me," Eric said.

"Never?" Les asked.

"Never," I replied.

"Not even with one of us?" Woody asked.

"No, I would not. You guys are like my brothers," I said.

"What about since Alan is older? Would you find him attractive at some point?" Derek asked.

"No, he is like another one of my older brothers," I said.

"You ever seen us as something other than that?" Woody asked.

"No - never have I ever," I said.

"See she loves me," Eric said with a chuckle.

"We know we are just giving her the bizz," Les said.

"I can see that," Eric said.

"Well was that the last song we needed to rehearse?" Les asked.

"I think you guys should be good," Matthew said looking over the notes.

"I think we should be in good standing for the shows. And if you guys want to practice one more time before we head to America just let us know," I said.

"Even if it is just one song we want to try again?" Derek asked.

"Yeah just let us know and we will set it all up to do so," Matthew said.

"I am excited for the outfits we are going to be planning for these appearances," Eric said.

"I feel like a lot of people like the way we dress because it is not overpriced," Woody commented.

"Well of course. It helps them see us as people rather than "famous" famous people you know?" Les commented.

"Well is there anything else you guys want to do before we clean up the studio?" Matthew asked.

They all looked at one another.

"I don't think so. I think we are good for today this has been a good session," Ian said.

"I think you have added a lot to the group since you have gotten here," Matthew said looking at Woody.

"I think it is fun to be in this group so thank you for saying that," Ian said.

"No problem kiddo," Matthew said.

We cleaned up the studio and made our way out to our cars.

"I think this has been fun doing all of the rehearsing," Les said.

"Me too. I kind of like when we have these sessions it shows us the highs and lows for certain song points," Eric said.

"Even if we didn't have these I think we would be okay. But I also feel like even though we write the songs it helps us to remember the lyrics better," Les said.

"Of course. The more your hear them the better they stick to your brain," I said.

"Well I will see you guys later," Les said.

"Take care and be safe," I said.

"Always and you guys as well," Les replied.

Everyone left.

"Home?" Eric asked.

"Home it is," I replied with a smile.

We got in the car and headed home.