Azure Inferno

A/n: This chapter will follow the events of the manga as opposed to the anime since the remainder of Season 1 from this point forward is not canon to the manga timeline - I will switch back to the anime when Season 2 begins in the chapter after next

~*~*~*~

[Y/n] sprinted through the winding paths of the deeply dense forest around him, desperately trying to catch up with Rin and Amaimon. Finding out where they were wasn't difficult in the slightest; all he had to do was follow the shockwaves and crashing of their brawl. It was catching up to them that was difficult. He could only hope that Rin was okay and Shiemi was still unharmed. Barreling through the bushes at breakneck speed, [Y/n] reached a clearing just in time to see Amaimon stomp down on Rin's head, slamming him into the stone below. Shimei was sitting balanced on his shoulder.

"Rin!" [Y/n] screamed, making his presence known and gaining everyone's attention. The moment Rin's eyes landed on his friend, they went wide with horror.

"[Y/n]?!" He exclaimed, immediately panicking when he saw that [Y/n] had come after him. This was not good. He didn't stand a chance against Amaimon. "Get out of here! Please!" Rin placed desperately, not wanting anything to happen to him. [Y/n] ignored him as he continued to glare up at the Demon King of Earth.

"You again?" Amaimon asked with a sigh, looking down at the human with a look of pure indifference. [Y/n] gritted his teeth and glared at the Demon King as he raised Sema and pointed it toward him.

'Trying to go all-out in my current condition will take a lot out of me but I don't have much of a choice!' [Y/n] sneered, glancing from the barrel of his gun to Amaimon and back. He needed to get Rin and Shiemi away from him somehow. But he didn't have time to sit down and plan it out. he had to act. 'I'm sick of this creep!' [Y/n] internally screamed, pulling down on Sema's trigger as a huge burst of red-purple light surrounded him. The instant that he released the shot, [Y/n] had to catch himself from falling over, panting and groaning as a wave of pain and exhaustion hit him like a bus. He barely even had enough energy to muster up one powerful shot, let alone enough for a whole fight.

"What a pain..." Amaimon groaned, hopping off of Rin's back and into the air as the energy blast barreled toward him. Despite his exhaustion, [Y/n]'s shot was right on the money as the blast slammed into Amaimon's right shoulder as hard as possible while being sure to keep away from hurting Shiemi. The attack wasn't enough to hurt him by any means, but it was enough to momentarily knock him off balance, which was all the time that [Y/n] needed to fire a smaller, more precise shot at the arm that Amaimon was using to hold Shiemi, causing him to release her from his grip. Immediately, she began to fall from their spot in the air and back down to earth. As Amaimon reached to grab Shiemi again, [Y/n] mustered up as much energy as he could and released a quick volley of blast toward Amaimon, managing to knock him back ever-so-slightly. With Amaimon momentarily subdued, Shimei fell just out of his grasp. [Y/n] acted instantly, cutting his thumb and pulling his last piece of summoning paper out of his pocket.

"Son of the land, Hound of Cuainn! Bare your fangs and sever fate!" [Y/n] chanted, immediately summoning Flor in the direction of Shieimi. "Flor! Grab her!" [Y/n] screamed, pointing up at the girl currently falling from the sky. The Split Wolf didn't waste a second, pouncing up from where he was and catching Shiemi on his back before landing just behind his master. [Y/n] let out a sigh of relief when he saw that she was safe but his glee was short-lived as he turned back just in time to see Amaimon shake off his attack. [Y/n] cursed to himself, realising that even though Shiemi was with Flor, he still hadn't gotten them out of this mess. Flor growled as he positioned himself between his Tamer and the Demon King in front of him, prepared to do whatever it took to protect [Y/n].