Scars and Sunrise

[Y/n] let out a deep breath before taking another one in, listening to the chirping of the just-awoken birds that edged their way out of their nest behind a nearby vent. He steadied his breathing and kept his mind clear. One good thing about living in the old dorms was that he always had access to the roof. And the roof was the best place to think and collect his thoughts. He hadn't even dressed yet, he just threw on a pair of shoes and headed up to the roof in his black pyjama pants and old [f/c] t-shirt.

"Hey..." [Y/n] creaked his eye open to see Kamiki nervously standing in front of him, holding something behind her back.

"Hey." [Y/n] greeted back, fully opening both of his eyes before standing up to face the purple-haired girl.

"What are you going out here?" She asked, looking around the roof that was barely even lit up since the sun still hadn't fully risen. [Y/n] shrugged, putting his hands behind his head as he cracked his neck.

"My weapon uses my emotions as fuel so sometimes, after I use it, I come out here before breakfast to calm myself down." He replied, explaining his reasoning while tapping the ground absentmindedly with the rubber tip of his sneakers. He noticed that Kamiki was staring at the scars on his arms. She seemed a bit uncomfortable but nodded nevertheless, snapping out of her gaze when she realised that [Y/n] had noticed her staring.

"Right." She sighed, awkwardly shifting her weight from one foot to the other. "Listen... About yesterday..." She began, trailing off at the end as a deep blush took over her face. She balled her empty hand into a fist by her side while [Y/n] just waited for her to continue. "Don't you dare tell anyone I was crying. Not a soul. Understand?" She ordered with a warning tone in her voice. [Y/n] just nodded, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I won't say anything." He assured, looking around the roof as the first glimpse of sunrise appeared on the horizon.

"Here." Kamiki spoke up, regaining [Y/n]'s attention. As he turned to her, his [f/c] shirt that he had given her the night before was pushed against his chest. He slowly took it from her grip, noticing how she had cleaned and neatly folded it for him. "Thanks a lot." She thanked, looking away as he took the shirt from her. [Y/n] gave her a small smile.

"It's no problem." He replied, absentmindedly running his hands along the fabric in his hands. Kamiki gave a small nod before everything went quiet. The two stood in awkward silence for a moment, neither of them knowing what to say. Or if there even was anything else to say.

"You're a great guy, you know." Kamiki admitted quietly, staring down at her shoes. [Y/n] raised an eyebrow in confusion, taken aback by the sudden compliment. Especially considering who had given it to him. "You and Okumura." She added, taking a deep breath as she shifted uncomfortably on the spot, thinking about how the two boys didn't even hesitate to help her and Paku. "Even after I was rude to you guys, you still helped me. And you saved us." She rambled, a tight feeling forming in her chest as the image of Paku lying on the ground still haunted her.

"Actually, Shiemi saved Paku." [Y/n] replied, his smile suddenly lowering into a tight frown as he gave Kamiki a serious look. The girl just sighed as her gaze fell to the ground.

"I know. I'm going to apologise to her." She assured, trying to keep her voice steady as the thought of how she treated Moriyama lingered in her mind. However, even after how she acted, Moriyama didn't hesitate to help Paku.

"Look, Kamiki..." [Y/n] started, shaking his head as he tried to word what he was about to say in the politest way possible while still getting his point across. "I don't know why you act the way that you do and I don't plan on prying into something that's none of my business." He began, watching Kamiki tense as he spoke. "But, if you want to make more friends than just Paku, maybe try dropping the act and try to let more people in." He suggested, watching the girl for any negative responses. He didn't want to make the girl go out of her way to change herself but he wouldn't let her continue to treat Moriyama the way she had been. "Just consider it. I know the class would probably be a lot better if we all got along." He finished, watching the girl form her response internally.