Hellfire

The day started off great - building a better relationship with Kamiki and then having a little bonding moment with Rin over some delicious breakfast as they watched the sunrise. But everything went downhill from there. What started with Kamiki messing up the lines she was told to study quickly developed into an Aria bashing and then the start of a physical fight between Bon and Kamiki. Fortunately, Yukio arrived and quickly stopped it. Unfortunately, now the entire class was being punished. And that's how [Y/n] found himself kneeling on the ground between Kamiki and Konekomaru with a Bariyon on his lap that was way too close to his private area for comfort.

"W-What the hell's up with this damn pickling rock?" Rin complained in a strained voice, trying to maintain a regular breathing pattern as the Bariyon on his lap got heavier and heavier by the second. [Y/n] hissed in pain as he did the same. "It's getting heavier by the second!" Rin continued, whining as the little demon slowly crushed his upper legs.

"It's a demon, one of the lower-level ones! The longer it sits on you, the heavier it gets!" Koneko answered between the quiet prayers that he was muttering to himself in an attempt to focus on something besides the pain. Bon turned to Rin with an annoyed and bewildered look.

"You don't know what a Bariyon is?!" Bon asked, almost sounding offended as he scoffed at Rin's obliviousness. "You really are pathetic!" He sneered, looking away when Rin whipped his head to the left to glare at him.

"Oh, yeah?! Well, it's your fault we're here so why don't you-"

"It's everyone's fault." Yukio cut his brother off as his eyebrow twitched in irritation. Everyone turned to their teacher with looks of betrayal. Actually, it was only Bon and Kamiki's fault but, of course, the rest of them got dragged along into this mess. "One of the objectives of this boot camp is to strengthen your academic skills." Yukio started, looking around at all of his students before his gaze focused and Kamiki and Bon. "The other is to get you to start becoming closer as a team." He finished, pushing up his glasses. The class gaped at the second objective while Kamiki scoffed at the idea.

"I'd rather die than be friends with these losers." She spat, looking away with her nose turned up. An irk mark appeared on the side of [Y/n]'s head as he turned to his left.

"I thought we agreed that you were going to extend an olive branch?" [Y/n] asked, fighting the urge to remind her of everything she said during their little heart-to-heart on the roof that morning. Kamiki creaked an eye open but just huffed, not even looking back at him.

"I said I'd try and I did! It's not my fault he's an idiot!" She spat, giving Bon an irritated and uninterested side-eye.

"What did you say?!" Bon snapped, causing Rin to growl in annoyance as Bon's yelling filled his ear.

"I will shoot you both!" [Y/n] snapped, glaring down at the stupid demon in his lap that was the only thing actually preventing him from smashing Bon's and Kamiki's heads together.

"You need to learn to get along!" Yukio snapped, instantly stopping the spat his students were having. They all turned back to him as he sighed in disappointment. "Exorcists do not go into battle alone! We fight in groups of two or more, that's basic procedure, it covers your weak spots and enhances your strengths. In a real combat situation, this ridiculous in-fighting could get you or someone else killed!" Yukio scolded, looking around at his students, who were half-listening to him and half-struggling to handle the weight of the Bariyon. "You keep that in mind." Yukio ordered before glancing down at his watch. "Okay, I have to leave for a mission and I won't be back for about three hours. Now, because of that attack yesterday, I have to take extra measures. I'll be locking all the entrances and placing a powerful demon-warding charm on the building." Yukio explained casually. It took a moment for the students to process what he was saying but, when they did, they all went wide-eyed.