Demon of the Deep

Heavy snoring was the only sound that came from the boys' room as the sun slowly rose over the horizon. After the events of last night, they all bathed and headed straight to bed, too tired to even try to think of a plan for fighting the Kraken.

"[Y/n]! Wake up!" Flor exclaimed through telepathy, panic clear in his tone. He frantically clawed at [Y/n]'s shoulder in an attempt to stir the male from his sleep. [Y/n] shifted slightly but didn't wake up. Flor tried again. And again. And again. Until finally...

"Flor?" [Y/n] asked groggily, trying to adjust his eyes to the sudden light. He screwed his eyes shut as he rubbed them, trying to ignore Flor's rapid clawing at his shoulder. As he slowly regained his awareness, a foul sweaty smell invaded his nose. "What the hell?" He muttered out, his face scrunching up in disgust. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw a bare foot mere centimetres away from his face. Blinking at the appendage, he slowly noticed the weight that seemed to be holding his body down. Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, he looked past the foot and toward its owner and saw that Rin was sprawled out on top of him with one of his arms wrapped around [Y/n]'s leg while Shima laid across Rin's other outstretched arm. "Rin! Get off me!" [Y/n] groaned in annoyance as he roughly pushed the other male off of him. Rin yelped in surprise as he suddenly woke up and collided with the hard floor, muttering a long string of confused curses at [Y/n].

"The sea!" Flor yelled, gaining [Y/n]'s attention as Shima slowly woke up. [Y/n] looked at his familiar in confusion. "The sea! It's serious!" He panicked, his eyes widening as he gave [Y/n] a distressed look. That follow-up woke [Y/n] up as he jumped off the floor and ran toward the balcony. As he looked out across the landscape, his eyes went wide. The sea was black again. And this time was even darker than the last.

"Shit." [Y/n] cured as he whipped his head back toward the room, grabbing Sema as he moved. "Guys! C'mon!" [Y/n] yelled as he slipped on his sandals. The other two just stared at him in confusion, still trying to wake up, until their eyes drifted to the sea. When they saw the black water, they both shot up off the floor. [Y/n] sprinted out of the room while Flor ran alongside him, desperate trying to keep up. "Kamiki! Up! C'mon, something's happening at the sea!" [Y/n] yelled as he pounded on her door while running past it. When he finally got outside, the inky sea was even more visible. Even more ominous.

"Not again..." Shima sighed as he, Rin and Kamiki arrived on the scene. The four of them just stared out at the water for a moment, none of them knowing how to proceed.

"I'm sure that kid's seen this too." Rin announced and [Y/n] nodded in agreement. "I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid." Rin muttered, looking around to see if he could spot the kid anywhere near them. Of course, he couldn't.

"I'm gonna go check on him!" Kamiki announced as she began descending the stairs that led down to the main road. The three boys whipped their heads toward her.

"Kamiki?"

"Yeah, what? He saved my life, didn't he?" Kamiki replied harshly, scoffing at their surprise. "Anyway, it bugs me when people don't know their own limits." She sneered before taking off without another word, leaving the three boys in stunned silence.

"Should we go after her?" Shima asked, watching nervously as his usually self-absorbed classmate ran off to help someone random kid that they had just met. Rin seemed to be conflicted but [Y/n] just shook his head.

"Let's let her handle this for now." He suggested and his two friends turned to him in shock, unsure as to whether or not that was the right idea. Just as they were about to protest, [Y/n] put his hands behind his head. "I'll check up on her later." He announced, turning on his heel as he began to walk back to the hotel. Although he tried to mask it, he was definitely worried about what was likely to come. The two boys seemed very hesitant but decided that [Y/n] was probably right since he knew Kamiki knew best.