Kitchen Nightmares

[Y/n] sat in the cafeteria of the old boy's dorms, scrolling through his phone as he ate his breakfast. He had, thankfully, gotten a decent night's sleep and had all of his homework for the day completed. All in all, today was starting great.

"Hello." A familiar voice greeted and [Y/n] turned to see Yukio walking toward him with his tray of breakfast in hand. [Y/n] gave him a small wave.

"Hey." He greeted back, taking a bite of his food while Yukio sat down next to him. Just as they were about to begin talking, a loud crash was heard from the floor above them.

"SHIT!" Rin's booming voice suddenly bellowed through the corridors. [Y/n] raised an eyebrow in confusion while Yukio put his head in his hands in exasperation. "I overslept!" Rin added and both [Y/n] and Yukio could hear heavy footsteps and even heavier breathing coming toward them at top speed. [Y/n] slowly turned toward the entrance of the cafeteria just in time to see Rin stumble into the room. [Y/n] looked him up and down. His hair was messy, his shirt was open, his tie wasn't on right and his pants were practically falling off of his hips. "Why didn't you wake me up, four-eyed mole-faced bastard?!" Rin screamed at Yukio, completely ignoring [Y/n]'s presence. Said [h/c]-haired male just sweatdropped as Yukio let out an exhausted sigh.

"I tried three times!" Yukio argued, finally looking up from his hands. [Y/n] felt extremely uncomfortable in the middle of all this.

"Try harder!" Rin argued back, growling at his brother. It was at that moment that he finally noticed the other male in the room. When Rin's surprised gaze fell on him, [Y/n] awkwardly offered him a small wave. After about three seconds without a reaction, Rin's hands suddenly shot toward his back as if he were checking for something. Panic was very clear on his face but disappeared a moment later when he realised that nothing was wrong. [Y/n] raised a confused eyebrow before turning to the younger Okumura twin.

"Is he always like this?" [Y/n] asked, earning a long defeated sigh from Yukio as he rubbed his eyes under his glasses.

"You have no idea..." He replied, watching his brother walk and collect his pre-prepared breakfast before slumping down in the chair beside Yukio. He quickly clapped his hands and said thanks before digging into the food like an animal. [Y/n] was worried that he was going to choke with how fast he was eating. He was devowing his food after than [Y/n] had ever seen anyone eat before. Honestly, it was kind of impressive. "I'm sorry that you have to witness this."

"Oh shut up! You're just as annoying in your own ways!" Rin snapped in between bites before turning to [Y/n] with a smirk. "And sorry in advance for anything stupid that my baby brother does. He can be a real handful sometimes." Rin announced smugly, causing [Y/n] to sweatdrop at the comment as he watched them. He really didn't believe that. The older one had his arm wrapped around the younger one while he tried to push him off. [Y/n] shook his head with a soft chuckle before grabbing his tray and standing up.

"I should head to class." He announced, putting his empty tray by the bin before grabbing his bag and walking toward the exit of the cafeteria. Yukio sent him a nod and a small wave.

"We'll be right behind you!" Rin exclaimed as he began violently shovelling food into his mouth again, earning a groan of disgust from his brother.

~*~

"What are you guys doing?" [Y/n] asked as he stepped into the cafeteria of the boys' dorms, sliding his case and bag off of his shoulder and onto the floor as he walked toward Yukio and Rin, who was doing something in the kitchen. He had just finished tutoring Shima on demonology and was beyond exhausted, both mentally and physically. Shima could be as dumb as Rin when he wanted to. As both Okumura twins turned toward him, the smell of delicious food assaulted [Y/n]'s nose. "Holy crap that smells amazing." He breathed out, his mouth salivating at the first whiff of the delicious meal.