Flor

[Y/n] sat between Rin and Shiemi as they chatted among themselves about their plan for the weekend. [Y/n] had found himself constantly switching seats in the class as he moved from sitting with Bon, Koneko and Shima to sitting with Rin and Shiemi. No one seemed to mind though. Now, they were just waiting for Yukio to show up and start the class. And, as if on cue, the door opened just moments later to reveal their teenage teacher. The class said their hellos as they watched the teacher take his place at the front of the room.

"Listen up, summer vacation is less than a month and a half away but, before the break, you're all going to be taking this year's Exwire Authorisation Exam." Yukio announced, earning a chorus of excited murmurs from the class.

"Esquire Exam?" Rin repeated, messing up the word. "What the heck is that?" He asked, turning to face [Y/n] and Shiemi, both of whom sweatdropped at his cluelessness.

"Exwire, Rin." [Y/n] corrected, leaning back to let Shiemi continue the explanation.

"It's what you call a candidate for becoming an exorcist." She continued, pointing her finger up as she spoke. Rin nodded along in understanding before the realisation that they had a big test coming up sunk in and he paled.

"I want everyone to keep in mind that once you're promoted to Exwire, you'll be subjected to more specialised combat training. The exam won't be easy to pass." Yukio warned, pushing his glasses up on his nose as he pulled a stake of papers out of his briefcase. "Therefore, starting Monday, we're offering a week-long boot camp to prepare you for the exam." He announced and everyone's interests suddenly spiked at the announcement.

"A boot camp?" Rin repeated questioningly and Yukio nodded before taking a step toward the class.

"Since attending the camp isn't mandatory, indicate whether or not you'll be attending on the form." He ordered as he began handing out the papers. [Y/n] muttered a quick 'thank you' as he took his form from his teacher. "If you are, please indicate the meister or title that you are hoping to acquire and turn the form in by Monday." Yukio added as he finished handing out the forms. [Y/n] quickly skimmed through his, seeing that it was a simple yes or no form for attending the boot camp and a matter of ticking which of the five meister ranks they wanted to apply for.

"Meister? Or title?" Rin questioned, suddenly lost again. [Y/n] just sighed as he took out his pen.

"Go ask Bon." He advised, honestly too tired to answer the abundance of questions that he was certain Rin had. As the navy-haired male nodded and slipped out of his seat, [Y/n] turned to the girl sat to his right. "What meister class are you looking to try for?" [Y/n] asked politely and Shiemi audibly gulped at the question as her hands tightened around the paper.

"I don't really know yet..." She admitted quietly, looking down at the sheet of paper sadly. [Y/n] stared at her for a moment before offering her a small smile of reassurance.

"That's fine. We haven't had a lot of experience with the different meister categories yet but we'll probably get a crash course before the exam." He assured, his words seeming to help calm the nervous girl as she nodded in understanding. Both of them sweatdropped simultaneously as they heard Bon shriek at Rin behind them for not knowing what the basics of Meister classifications were.

"What are you going to apply for?" She asked, curious as to his choice, although she felt like she already knew the answer. And that answer took the form of the case that was pushed under their table.

"Well, Dragoon is the obvious pick." [Y/n] started, gesturing toward the case that sat by his feet. Shiemi nodded in agreement, thinking back to the only time she'd seen [Y/n] actually use the weapon - saving Bon and Rin. She remembered how fast and precise it was. Dragoon was definitely the pick for him. "But I also want to try going for Tamer since I have a familiar." [Y/n] added and Shiemi's eyes went wide. That was new news.