Preying Serpent

"Where are you taking us?!" Rin yelled as he tried to free himself from Shura's grip for the tenth time to no avail. [Y/n] just glanced at the demi-demon nervously. He, unlike Rin, had actually managed to escape Shura's grasp.

"Oh, that's right, you've never had a reason to come to the base before." Shura replied, stepping to the side as they reached a supply room at the end of the park.

"The base?" Rin repeated questioningly. As he did, Yukio stepped forward with an Infinity Key in hand and unlocked the door. [Y/n] gulped as the door opened and a huge stone hallway appeared behind it. Shura dragged Rin through the door while Yukio awkwardly ushered [Y/n] inside. Once the door was closed, [Y/n] and Rin gaped at the gigantic room they were in. It was decorated with banners and biblical statues and seemed to connect countless bridges and doors to a centre point.

"This is the Japan Branch of the Knights of the True Cross." Shura began, gaining the two boys' attention. She harshly tugged on Rin's throat as she began to pull him along. Surprisingly, Rin stayed silent as she began to explain the building's importance. "The main headquarters are in the Vatican, right under St Pier Paulo's Basilica. All the branches from all over the globe are run from that location. The Order's been around for more than 2,000 years, protecting the world from monsters."

"Quite true." A familiar voice announced. [Y/n] tuned to see Mephisto and Mr Tsubaki were stood waiting for them on one of the bridge intersections. He gulped nervously when he saw the director. "Welcome to the Japan Branch of the Knights of the True Cross." Mephisto greeted, extending his hands dramatically. "I haven't seen you in ages, Shura. And what a surprise it is to find out that you'd infiltrated our Cram School to spy on us. Your disguise was inspired, I had no clue." He praised, finally lowering his hands. Shura glared at the man with a confident smirk.

"Mephisto, how about we cut to the chase?" Shura suggested, tightening her hold around Rin's neck. [Y/n] flinched when he heard the strained sound that escaped Rin's throat. "Why'd you hide the existence of the son of Satan from the order?" She asked, her tone letting him know that she wanted an answer and she wouldn't settle for anything less. Mephisto put his hands up defensively but kept his confident grin.

"I didn't hide anything from anyone. Yes, I took him in, but it was all for the sake of The Order and its future."

"What do you mean by that?" Shura asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"We train the son of Satan and use him as a weapon for The Order." Mephisto explained and [Y/n]'s eyes went wide. They wanted to weaponise him?! Shura seemed to keep her cool. "Look, for the last 2,000 years, we exorcists have been on the defensive. But, with him, now we have the chance to take the initiative." Mephisto continued, gesturing to Rin as he spoke. Shura still seemed unconvinced. "Not to mention him." Mephisto suddenly added, pointing at [Y/n]. The [h/c]-haired male flinched at the sudden attention. Yukio's breath caught in his throat and Rin paled. Shura sent Mephisto a death glare but the man was unphased. "The first person in over three decades who's been able to frequently use Sema efficiently without almost or actually killing themselves? Why that's just an offer too teasing to let slip." The man exclaimed, eyeing [Y/n] like a predator would their prey. A protective growl escaped Rin's throat but was silenced by Shura. Meanwhile, [Y/n]'s mind was racing at a mile a minute. Just how much did Mephisto know about him?! "The son of Satan and a viable Sema gunner? The Order won't know what to do with that much force." Mephisto chuckled, finishing his little explanation with a sarcastic bow. Shura's eyes darkened as she stared at the man in front of her.

"How do you even..." [Y/n] tried to ask but couldn't even think of a question. How did he know about Sema? How did he know about his family? How did he know so much about him? Seeing the teen's inner conflict, Mephisto smirked.