Sky Splitting Sword

"Damn it!" Rin yelled at the ceiling as all of his classmates watched him with deadpan expressions. Well, all except Shiemi, who was still unconscious. As his yelling slowly deflated, Rin plopped down onto the edge of the bed Shiemi was resting on. "Man... That was the worst pop quiz ever." Rin complained, throwing his head back as he groaned. [Y/n] nodded in agreement as he looked down at the IV drip in his arm.

"They tricked us pretty good." Bon agreed, letting out a sigh.

"I wish I could've known 'cause then I would've prepared for it." Shima commented, glancing around the room.

"Oh, man..." Koneko gasped, putting his hands on his head anxiously. "I wonder if I passed." He continued, his eyes going wide as his mind began to race at a mile a minute.

"Don't torture yourself. There's no use worrying about it now." Bon advised, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned back in his chair.

"You and Shima don't have to worry! But me..." Koneko trailed off, looking down at his lap as his anxiety began to skyrocket. "I was so scared I could barely move my legs!" Koneko exclaimed, thinking back to his contribution to the exam. [Y/n]'s eyes softened sympathetically. Although, it wasn't exactly like he thought that he did very well either.

"I'm sure you guys are going to be fine." Kamiki suddenly spoke up, gaining everyone's attention as they turned to the usually cold girl in surprise. "Remember what Mr Okumura told us before the test started?" She asked and everyone thought back to what Yukio had said. Once he remembered, everything clicked in [Y/n]'s head.

"That we needed to learn how to work together." [Y/n] said, remembering the reason they were being punished with Bariyons not even an hour ago.

"Being an Exwire takes cooperation. They need to work with their team during combat." Kamiki explained as she took a deep breath before letting it out as she balled her hands into fists on her lap. [Y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed at the action. "In that sense, no one did worse than me." She announced, looking down at her lap in disgust. Everyone remained silent for a moment, genuinely surprised by her encouragement, until Bon of all people spoke up.

"You need to cut yourself some slack there. You stepped up." Bon replied in a surprisingly reassuring tone. "Not like those guys! They just sat around!" He snapped, suddenly whipping his head toward Yamada and Takara, neither of whom did anything throughout the entire exam. "You got anything to say for yourselves?!" He asked, glaring at the two males who had been completely useless throughout the entire exam. Neither of them seemed to care.

"Oh, sweet. I just scored myself a dragon claw." Yamada announced as he continued to play his game, completely ignoring everything Bon had said. [Y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. He didn't know what it was, but something about Yamada seemed off. Almost... familiar?

"Huh? Why don't you shut your pie holes? We don't have anything to say to a bunch of whiney brats like you!" Takara exclaimed. Although... he didn't... technically. His mouth didn't move at all. Instead, he had his puppet say it. Everyone stared at him, both offended by what he had said and a little impressed by his ventriloquism skills. "Especially that one!" Takara continued, pointing right at [Y/n]. The [h/c]-haired male was taken aback by his little declaration. "Barking orders and then running off after the idiot? It'll be a miracle if you pass!" Takara announced, shocking the entire group. Rin immediately began glaring at the ventriloquist for what he had said. An irk mark appeared on the side of [Y/n]'s head as he glared down the obnoxious brat.

"I could shoot you, y'know." [Y/n] threatened, grabbing Sema's case while his eyebrow twitched in annoyance, half because of what Takara said and half because he actually agreed with the little bastard.